[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Bridge Builder by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 13:59:23 UTC 2021

Brian Reed served in a military unit in Baghdad, Iraq, in the fall of 2003.
He and his unit went on regular street patrols to protect neighborhoods and
build peace. It was often a thankless, fruitless assignment. Brian said his
unit battled low morale daily.

An exception came in the form of a church service his men stumbled upon. It
was filled with Arabic-speaking Coptic Christians who invited the soldiers
to partake in the Lord’s Supper with them. Brian wrote, “Celebrating the
Lord’s Supper and remembering Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins was the most
important bridge builder and wall destroyer we could have experienced.”

*Opposite yous*, brought together by the cross of Christ. This is how
happiness happens.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."