[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Crucified With Christ"

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Jun 21 12:32:46 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2021 8:01 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Crucified With Christ"

 Crucified With Christ"

The greatest struggle in the Christian's life is a "control" issue. We want
Jesus to be Lord, but we don't want to lose control of our lives. We want to
"call the shots".

Jesus is Lord - but only conditionally. That is, He is Lord as long as His
will and direction agree with what we want.  As someone once said, "the
problem with a live sacrifice is that it continually climbs off the altar."
This is the crux of our problem. As soon as we give ourselves to the Lord we
are taking back what we gave Him - we climb off the altar. "I" keeps
control, and maintains lordship.

Is there an answer to this wrestling, roller coaster life?  Well, the way to
ensure that the sacrifice remains on the altar is "to kill it". Galatians
2:20 reveals how this is done for us; "I have been 'crucified' with Christ
and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."

"I" is crucified and we are raised in Christ.
"I" is not obliterated, but rather given true life and made subservient to
Christ's Lordship. He is our life; our identity; our Lord. He is the ground
to our being. We are freed from self-domination. We are liberated from
self-obsession. We are emancipated so that we can fully love and serve God
with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

John Wesley had believers pray a prayer in a Covenant Service. It is the
prayer for the Christian who longed to be done with the great battle over
lordship and sold out to Christ. It is the prayer of all that have been
crucified with Christ.

"Lord, I am no longer my own, but Yours.
      Put me to what You will, rank me with whom You will.
      Let be employed by You or laid aside for You, exalted for You or
brought low by You.
      Let me have all things, let me have nothing,
      I freely and heartily yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal.
      And now, O glorious and blessed God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
You are mine and I am Yours.
              So be it. Amen."

Steve Blair

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8165)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8165>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Cruc
ified%20With%20Christ%22>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Cruci
fied%20With%20Christ%22>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/83686542/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.