[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] As Christ Forgives by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:53:21 UTC 2021

The Scripture says, “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one
another, even as God in Christ forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32).

It was the eve of the Crucifixion and Jesus’ final meal with his
followers. He stood up, he hung his cloak on a hook, and he wrapped a towel
around his waist, and he poured water into a basin. He washed feet. Jesus
used some of his precious final moments in this silent sacrament of
humility.

The disciples pledged to stay with their Master. But later that night, when
the soldiers marched in, the disciples ran out. And when they looked at
their feet in shame, they realized Jesus forgave his betrayers before they
betrayed him. Hasn’t he done the same for us? We each have a basin. We’ve
each been wounded. But before we knew we needed grace, we were offered it.
This is how happiness happens.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."