[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] BY FAITH WALLS FALL DOWN

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Jun 22 17:08:23 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 4:12 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] BY FAITH WALLS FALL DOWN

BY FAITH WALLS FALL DOWN

"By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the people had marched around
them for seven days." (Hebrews 11:30)

Prince Henry the Navigator of Portugal (1394-1460) never captained a ship or
sailed on a voyage of exploration. He stayed home and read accounts of
others who had. He thought about what they said and let his mind march
around new theories about what the world must be like. He wondered and
imagined, calculated and drew maps.

Prince Henry died thirty years before Portuguese explorers were able to test
his theories, but when they did, they brought back proof that he had been
incredibly accurate. As a result, Portugal took the lead in world
exploration for fully a hundred years. Other nations held back, making
excuses about internal problems. Other explorers did not see the
possibilities or worried about lack of money. They lacked faith to move past
what seemed to be insurmountable obstacles.

To feel bound by perceived limits is so human, so common. A century ago
there were predictions that no one could ever drive a car 60 miles per hour
because the wind would suck one's breath away. In 1934 the track coach at
the University of California laid out what he believed were the absolute
limits of achievement in track and field events. All of them, of course,
have long since been exceeded. High school athletes today are out-performing
Olympic champions of a few decades ago. There appears to be no limit to how
fast we can run, how far we can go, how high we can leap.

So we do well not to set limits on what we can do and become as children of
God if we believe in the power of Christ within us. We do well not to
minimize the potential of the people of God when we act in faith. Walls fall
down. Families are transformed, communities changed.

When my two grandchildren blow out the candles on their birthday cakes each
year and make their wishes, I make one of my own for them. My birthday wish
for each is faith, the single quality that will guarantee him a successful
life.

Faith is simply trust that God is stronger than all the limitations, hurts,
fears and problems they may face. I do not pray that they will have superior
intellects or well-coordinated bodies. I am not concerned that they be
popular or clever, blessed with talent or wealth. I care only that they will
persist in faith toward the goals and dreams that God may give them - the
Prince Henry's of their time.

By faith walls fall down!!!

Dr. Michael A. Halleen.

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8173)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8173>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20BY%2
0FAITH%20WALLS%20FALL%20DOWN>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20BY%20
FAITH%20WALLS%20FALL%20DOWN>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/83708843/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.