[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Ministry Update

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Mar 9 16:30:37 UTC 2021

From: BFBlist [mailto:bfblist-bounces at biblesfortheblind.org] On Behalf Of Bibles for the Blind International
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 11:17 AM
To: bfblist at biblesfortheblind.org
Subject: Ministry Update

Hello Everyone,

We have a number of new readers on our newsletter list this quarter, so by way of explanation:

Here is the link to the full-color printable newsletter with pictures. <http://biblesfortheblind.org/pdf/newsletter.pdf>

Here is the link to our Facebook page <http://www.facebook.com/biblesfortheblind>

Here is the link to the latest video update on YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoGIkj-hhg&t=8s>

Here is the link to our testimony and the story of Bibles for the Blind on UNSHACKLED! <http://www.biblesfortheblind.org/audio/BFB-UNSHACKLED.mp3>

and as always, below is our text-only version of the newsletter for those who read it with screenreader.

Hello Everyone,

Introduction for New Readers

I’m Keith Reedy, and my lovely wife, Suzie and I are missionaries to the blind and visually handicapped printing God’s Word, the Bible in braille. The Bible in braille comes in 17 large volumes. Each volume is about one foot square by about four inches thick, a pretty large group of volumes to send out to folks, but we do it every week here at Bibles for the Blind to waiting hands all over the world!

There are a couple of resources that I want to give to you and it will be very helpful to us if you use them. First of all there is our Facebook page. Please click on our Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/biblesfortheblind>  page, like it and share it with your friends. The other is YouTube. Please subscribe to the Bibles for the Blind YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoGIkj-hhg>  channel, so that you will know when our next update video comes out. Pease share these videos with you friends. There are a lot of prayer requests given on these platforms and it will be helpful to us if you can pass them along so that other folks can pray about them.

Thank You

I wanted to use this newsletter as a brief introduction to those who have never heard of Bibles for the Blind and are not familiar with us, but I also want to use it as an update for those who are already familiar with this ministry, and have prayed for Bibles for the Blind and given to Bibles for the Blind and the Reedy family. It has been a big help and we just want to take this time to thank you for continuing to participate in what we do here. Frankly, we could’t do it without you.

Update on Shipping and Prayer Requests

There are a number of things that I need to give you an update on. We have been having some trouble getting our Bibles shipped overseas, however since some countries have begun to open up again that has not been quite as much of a problem. We had also had problems recently getting Bibles into the hands of people in The United States due to mail issues, but let me say that this is doing better as well, even in the middle of the pandemic. Shipping has been going pretty smoothly lately.  I don’t think that we have had any Bibles returned to us now in quite a while and we are pretty excited about that.

Our paper supply is ordered from California, usually five boxes at a time. Sometimes it takes a week to get to us and sometimes it takes a month or more, so it’s a little tricky knowing when to order the paper in order to have it here in the shop so that we can do our printing.

Last, but not least, please pray for our forms burster, the machine that separates the braille pages after they have been printed, so that they can be bound. We’ve been having some trouble with it. It is a highly technical digital device which has run well for several months now, but lately it has been having some issues and we would really like to get it running smoothly again.

In summary, please use our Facebook page and our YouTube channel that we mentioned at the beginning as reminders to pray for us and this work. Also, don’t forget our web site: www.biblesfortheblind.org. <http://www.biblesfortheblind.org>  Please share it with anyone you know that might be looking for a braille Bible. There are many resources there as well for blind and visually handicapped people. There is also a program on there called UNSHACKLED <http://www.biblesfortheblind.org/audio/BFB-UNSHACKLED.mp3>  which shares our testimony and tells how Bibles for the Blind began. For those of you unfamiliar with the broadcast,

 is a radio drama produced by The Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago and they did our story several years ago.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read this newsletter. Please pray for us when you think of us.

In Christ’s service for God’s glory,

Keith Reedy, Director

Bibles for the Blind and Visually Handicapped International

 <http://www.biblesfortheblind.org>   www.biblesfortheblind.org

You received this message because you have expressed an interest in the ministry of Bibles for the Blind International.  If you no longer wish to receive these mailings send a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line to:  <mailto:biblesfortheblind at gmail.com> biblesfortheblind at gmail.com