[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: A Very Special Young Lady

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Mar 10 13:16:46 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 8:10 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: A Very Special Young Lady

  <http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=9d8c46e0-e1a1-41fe-b8da-38bb19679445&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Wednesday

March 10, 2021

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/54023c2e001/f31ffa0c-6cfa-4004-b8e3-3c254e654ebf.png>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone:

I have a very soft spot in my heart for those with Down's Syndrome.

Those children and young adults with Downs are so loving and caring

that I wish we could all have their love and feelings for others.

Today I want to share a story about a special young lady who has Down's

syndrome and her mom.

Mom Stages Stunning Photoshoot for Daughter With

Down Syndrome’s Kindergarten Graduation

When a Tennessee photographer’s daughter, aged 6, reached a meaningful

milestone at school, the loving mother organized a touching  <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001CfSNL4Z9PTxD2DyJ7CtDjVbCAjftBNDriglYvapIBK9_jRW_ZugUqEOrl3X7JkBGCoRx9Ee1FubK-8VRfyGxl8RDEAhlT26E3_itTtirtNesIGdUA-mx3puQMmyNQ-h6wV_wWtpEpUe2psQyDUXXMPR43sh_iZ0r8aFIvRqcDUM=&c=ZPh9tAahjHpn23DFxngkye8KywK0Zr03nLQEPc7sHXUQcUi8vVrq_Q==&ch=37ujTxIAkLc_tlsLeruWFRFfyft64aDIthFWgrivRCTlfahA1OfIiQ==> photoshoot

to ring in the occasion.

Stephanie Mullowney has long championed children with special needs

through her company, Paperdolls Photography, and on the occasion of

her daughter Hannah Grace’s kindergarten graduation, the little girl

was the star of the shoot.

Hannah Grace, who has  <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001CfSNL4Z9PTxD2DyJ7CtDjVbCAjftBNDriglYvapIBK9_jRW_ZugUqEOrl3X7JkBGfr2mOldPXdB_rzH2TJY3yAgFzDxzWeHm3kLRdwk7aijo_F_OPneSIiNgIRASxLVf2fVTSQA5iqTxUmaIRLe2seqd0U45EgtC0zs3vPZyoWw=&c=ZPh9tAahjHpn23DFxngkye8KywK0Zr03nLQEPc7sHXUQcUi8vVrq_Q==&ch=37ujTxIAkLc_tlsLeruWFRFfyft64aDIthFWgrivRCTlfahA1OfIiQ==> Down syndrome, dressed in a smart blue cap

and gown, followed her mother into nature for a beautiful outdoor

photoshoot. On May 22, Stephanie uploaded her favorite shots to the

Paperdolls Photography  <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001CfSNL4Z9PTxD2DyJ7CtDjVbCAjftBNDriglYvapIBK9_jRW_ZugUqEOrl3X7JkBG7bQXKM2KXyi5kyJGC79ZYrzOwT6gUTrh6cdnR3TRIEjmLugAH3zqg9l-3U_o0bX_DuxQg284SPD1dJtAp-sUUW74jJ2fQWWlcWVcnqlkHZ_nVeruioQhEnWVZ4OqnIuPiLkXjoPFOX0=&c=ZPh9tAahjHpn23DFxngkye8KywK0Zr03nLQEPc7sHXUQcUi8vVrq_Q==&ch=37ujTxIAkLc_tlsLeruWFRFfyft64aDIthFWgrivRCTlfahA1OfIiQ==> Facebook page.

In the heartwarming post, Stephanie regaled living in Maui, Hawaii,

while pregnant with Hannah Grace. Her doctor, she said, gave her the

option to abort her baby based on the possibility of her having Down

syndrome. Stephanie refused all testing and gave her doctor “a

resounding ‘No.’”

Hannah Grace was born in the spring of 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee.

Stephanie, suddenly a single mom, struggled in the days and weeks

following her baby’s birth, as her husband left them when Hannah

Grace was just 5 days old.

“You all know how important these pictures of my precious girl are,”

Stephanie wrote, “because you know how far she’s come to be able to

wear this cap and gown.”

In Hannah Grace’s beautiful photos, the excitable kindergarten graduate

is pictured with a glittering balloon and confetti in the air. In one photo,

she raises her fists to the sky in triumph; and in another, she prays

sweetly, with her head bowed and hands clasped.

“His exact words were, ‘Stephanie, our daughter is defective,’” Stephanie

explained, sharing her  <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001CfSNL4Z9PTxD2DyJ7CtDjVbCAjftBNDriglYvapIBK9_jRW_ZugUqEOrl3X7JkBGid_ZexVWLytKnLBJGIoFX7DwK9M0m0Qy9KXLoCoId5P1bbQnHeni4yIx3zETtwrbm5iDQ5yfTeFq7WNC8bfTD58Xh9CZoJnChQALOAp03dQN2BCoqI5tBm2yrWWPAdUB4kusYAOTjLE=&c=ZPh9tAahjHpn23DFxngkye8KywK0Zr03nLQEPc7sHXUQcUi8vVrq_Q==&ch=37ujTxIAkLc_tlsLeruWFRFfyft64aDIthFWgrivRCTlfahA1OfIiQ==> story on Faith It. “My heart shattered into pieces.”

Stephanie knew she disagreed with her husband, seeing joy and value in

her daughter from the very beginning. The besotted mom has watched

her daughter go from strength to strength ever since, and kindergarten

graduation was an added affirmation for both mom and daughter that

Hannah Grace can do whatever she sets her mind to.

“[Hannah Grace] has overcome everything,” Stephanie said. As an

infant, severe heart defects threatened the baby girl’s life, but she

survived. Growing up, she has also built upon her fine and gross

motor skills, her speaking skills, and her sociability.

Bit by bit, Stephanie says, her daughter is overcoming “incredible

shyness” and showing the world what she truly is.

Hannah Grace’s school also acknowledged their amazing student on

graduation day with not one but two awards in honor of the 6-year-old’s

achievements. Hannah Grace’s “sweet teacher,” Stephanie shared on

her  <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001CfSNL4Z9PTxD2DyJ7CtDjVbCAjftBNDriglYvapIBK9_jRW_ZugUqEOrl3X7JkBGugvAnlfkOfFGBsBdgRn1knx-O82kCEwjB0t5C0NXRO9YtOGqfH1sD9fZfJis-euHMTTbzv9_TAsNaKs-18TcitYCRTqCCFf1szRkJS7Bhd4jwmTWsMKZuJzEcJXSssldPm9Gzb2HS9Y=&c=ZPh9tAahjHpn23DFxngkye8KywK0Zr03nLQEPc7sHXUQcUi8vVrq_Q==&ch=37ujTxIAkLc_tlsLeruWFRFfyft64aDIthFWgrivRCTlfahA1OfIiQ==> website, had arranged for Hannah Grace to receive the “Soaring

Towards Success Award” for her hard work and the “Enthusiastic

Praiser Award” for her enthusiastic contribution to prayer.

“My girl has defied all the odds and I will never stop believing

in her amazing abilities,” Stephanie said. “I have long muffled

out the whispers of those who said ‘she can’t, she won’t, she’s

not able.

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/54023c2e001/90bf37dc-ac41-4c59-9825-3c9914eeeead.png>

“She is an overcomer,” Stephanie asserted, “she is loved, and I will

celebrate every single milestone she overcomes because it is a big

deal in our world.”

May God Bless Those with Down's Syndrome,

their parents and loved ones!

Much love.

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net and request to be added to the Letters from Larry list. If you press the UNSUBSCRIBE button, you will be permanently unsubscribed from receiving these letters.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=9d8c46e0-e1a1-41fe-b8da-38bb19679445> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Customer Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Try email marketing for free today!