[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] {Spam?} FW: [CWWC] The Hug

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sat Mar 13 16:39:18 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 11:06 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: [CWWC] The Hug

The Hug

It never ceased to amaze me how a simple kiss could take away the tears from my toddlers’ eyes. How can something so small make such a change?

The answer of course is that it showed someone cared, and that was truly all that really mattered in the eyes of my toddlers.

Does this work for adults?

A phone call today left me in tears. My husband swallowed me up in his arms for a massive hug. Somehow the emotional pain melted away a bit with that hug. It didn’t change the phone call, but the emotional support showed that someone cared and that was really all that mattered.

Does this work for the major problems in life?

Well I can guarantee that a simple hug will not take away illnesses, deaths, rebellion, poverty, natural disasters, or the hosts of other things that we are faced with on a daily basis. But even here, knowing someone cares makes a difference.

God knows this, and He reaches out to us to give us "hugs" as well. No, not usually the physical kind, though He might send someone to do so in His stead; but He sends us hugs just the same. Sometimes I have physically "felt" His hugs.

So how can you access a Heavenly Hug?

By meditating on His Word, for one thing. Here are just a few of His promises:

1. "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deut. 31:8 NIV)
2. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 NIV)
3. "May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant." (Ps. 119:76 NIV)
4. "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." ( Ps. 46:1 NIV)
5. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives." (John 14:27 NIV)
6. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me...Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Ps. 23:4,6)
7. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matt. 5:4)
8. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matt. 11:28)

I would encourage you, in your lowest moments, to take a few of these verses and mediate upon them. Tell God how you feel. Don’t hold back! He knows anyway, so why not discuss it with Him? Then mediate upon these verses and feel God’s comfort coming over you like a warm hug.

There was something else interesting from my hug today. Prior to this, my husband had been frustrated by something he was doing. After reaching out to give me a hug, he felt better too!

No matter what you are going through right now, I urge you to reach out to someone who could use a hug. Maybe it isn’t a physical hug, but a kind word, a gesture of love, a few words of encouragement could go a long way towards helping them feel better...And it just might help you feel better as well!

In His love,
Lyn

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7163) <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7163>  | Reply To Group <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20The%20Hug>  | Reply To Sender <mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20The%20Hug>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/81305744/21951>  | New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

_._,_._,_