[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Trusting God

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Mar 24 12:52:51 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry <larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com> On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 8:11 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Trusting God

  <http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=7eecfee1-40b6-4f69-b989-7f678a861176&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Wednesday

March 24, 2021

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone:

Looks like spring is here now. The wild flowers in the Smokies and alon

the trails and byways of the south are beautiful and in full bloom for

the most part. A great time to be alive and thankful. Read the story today

and think about it all the way through. It was shared by a high school

classmate from many years ago.

Trusting God

A while back a friend shared a story of a visiting pastor who

attended a men's breakfast in the middle of a rural farming area

of the country. The group had asked an older farmer, decked out

in bib overalls, to say grace for the morning breakfast.

"God, I hate buttermilk", the farmer began. The visiting pastor

opened one eye to glance at the farmer and wonder where this

was going.

The farmer loudly proclaimed, "God, I hate lard." Now the pastor

was growing concerned.

Without missing a beat, the farmer continued, "And God, you know

I don't much care for raw white flour". The pastor once again opened

an eye to glance around the room and saw that he wasn't the only

one to feel uncomfortable.

Then the farmer added, "But God, when you mix them all together

and bake them, I do love warm fresh biscuits. So God, when things

come up that we don't like, when life gets hard, when we don't

understand what you're saying to us, help us to just relax and wait

until you are done mixing. It will probably be even better than

biscuits. Amen.”

Within that prayer there is great wisdom for all when it comes

to complicated situations like we are experiencing in the world today.

Stay strong, my friends, because God is mixing several things that

we don't really care for, but something even better is going to come!

~Thanks Butch for sharing!!~

May God Bless You and your loved ones!

Much love.

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net <mailto:larryperry at att.net>  and request to be added to the Letters from Larry list. If you press the UNSUBSCRIBE button, you will be permanently unsubscribed from receiving these letters.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=7eecfee1-40b6-4f69-b989-7f678a861176> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Customer Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.