[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] We Become His Son

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Mar 29 12:18:06 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of trish via groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 7:48 AM
To: cwwc <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io>
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] We Become His Son

We Become His Son

There is a story that comes out of the Bedouin culture.  "Bedouin" is the
Aramaic name for "desert dwellers."  These people live much as the
characters of the Old Testament did.  During a heated argument, according to
this story, a young Bedouin struck and killed a friend of his.  Knowing the
ancient, inflexible customs of his people, the young man fled, running
across the desert under the cover of darkness, seeking safety.

He went to the black tent of the tribal chief in order to seek his
protection.  The old chief took the young Arab in.  The chief assured him
that he would be safe until the matter could be settled legally.

The next day, the young man's pursuers arrived, demanding the murderer be
turned over to them.  They would see that justice would prevail in their own
way. "But I have given my word," protested the chief.

"But you don't know whom he killed!" they countered.

"I have given my word," the chief repeated.

"He killed your son!" one of them blurted out.  The chief was deeply and
visibly shaken with his news.  He stood speechless with his head bowed for a
long time. The accused and the accusers as well as curious onlookers waited
breathlessly.  What would happen to the young man?  Finally the old man
raised his head. "Then he shall become my son," he informed them, "and
everything I have will one day be his."

The young man certainly didn't deserve such generosity. And that, of course,
is the point. Love in its purest form is beyond comprehension. No one can
merit it. It is freely given. It is agape, the love of God. Look to the
cross. At the cross we encounter love in its purest form.

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7405)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7405>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20We%2
0Become%20His%20Son>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20We%20
Become%20His%20Son>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/81693915/21951>
| New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.