[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg lauri: forward focus

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Mar 29 17:49:55 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 1:02 PM
To: committed-walk-with-christ at groups.io
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg lauri: forward focus

 Monday, March 29, 2021
Forward Focus
LISTEN
“For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary  and discouraged in your souls.”
—Hebrews 12:13
In the ancient Olympic Games, they didn’t give out gold, silver, and bronze medals like they do  with the winners today. Rather, they would crown their victors with laurel leaves.
So if you were running a race and nearing the end, you could see the emperor standing there with a  crown of laurel leaves that he was waiting to place on the winner’s head.
I remember when I was in track and field in high school. I hated to go to practice, but if there  was a pretty girl who happened to be watching, it always helped me run faster.
In the race of life, however, we have a better motive. Jesus himself is watching us. The writer of  Hebrews tells us, “Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus,  the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross,  despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:1–2 NKJV).
The literal meaning of “looking unto Jesus” is turning your eyes away from other things and fixing  them on Him. In fact, if you’re really focused on something, then everything else becomes somewhat  blurry in comparison.
The same is true when you’re using a camera. You focus on your subject and get it dialed in, and  that obscures other things. You blur out other elements so the subject stands out.
That’s what looking to Jesus means. It’s putting Him first and filling your mind with the Word of  God. That can help you get through whatever hardship or difficulty you’re going through.
We need to look to Jesus, because He’s always been looking out for us.
We need to live for Him,  because He died for us.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#7416): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7416
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io