[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] a thought

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Mar 30 11:58:38 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Wright via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 12:55 AM
To: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
Cc: Jahmal Lovato <lovatojahmal at gmail.com>; amerrissa9816 at gmail.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] a thought

 FILLING THE VOID

 by R.D.L.A. Wright

There comes a time when we begin to  feel that there is something missing in
our lives.  An emptiness or void that leaves us feeling incomplete.  So, we
go in search of something, sometimes anything to make ourselves feel whole
again.  Yes, even those of us who are "Christian".  We try filling this void
in ways such as; thrill seeking (skydiving, dragracing), parenting (telling
ourselves that if we only had a child that we could love and would love us
back), anxiously looking for that 'right' boy/girlfriend and SEX confusing
the act with love.
We're simply deluding ourselves with inadequate fulfillment.  Its like
mending a hole in the heel of your sock with rotten thread; it will hold for
a moment but, when it breaks the hole is worse than before you mended it.
What we fail to recognize or refuse to admit to ourselves is that we aren't
satisfied with the love that Jesus Christ has to offer.  If we would but
only allow him to step in and fill that void, he would fill it in such a way
that there would be no room to receive it.  For when we allow ourselves to
be fully satisfied with the love that Jesus has to give then and only then
will we be able to share that love with someone else.

©3:42 AM 6/4/2019
The Carpenter
by R.D.L.A.Wright

We call him the carpenter for the cabinets of life does he shape.
A master carpenter for in his hands what started out ugly and weak gradually
becomes beautiful and great.
it makes no difference what wood he takes hold of.whether it be Maple or
pine.
Through time and with loving care it all becomes fine.
just as with us, whether we are rich or poor, enormous or thin.
Only within His hands can the beauty deep inside us be brought out from
within.

*********
family Times weekly Movie times

go to Doc's Stream
Ask Miss A to play family times on tuneIn
You can also find family times on OoTunes.

Get the stream guide:
http://www.wrighthere.net/FamilyTimes/playingnow.html
********

walking in VictoryI welcome all that are interested in joining our
devotionals on Monday thru saturdays at 8am EST. join the devotion channel.
Also, there is a weekly bible study at 8pm EST in the Walking with Jesus
channel.

Add the following information in your TeamTalk
host address: wiv.wrighthere.net
TCP/UDP ports: 10333

entry name: walking in Victory
tab twice and press space on Add/update

or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfa8s6ragw0yltb/WalkingInVictory.tt?dl=1

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7420)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7420>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20a%20
thought>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:wrightsiphone at gmail.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20a%20th
ought>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/81715329/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.