[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] WITHOUT WOMEN THERE WOULD BE NO CHURCH

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue May 11 13:56:57 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 9:51 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] WITHOUT WOMEN THERE WOULD BE NO CHURCH

WITHOUT WOMEN THERE WOULD BE NO CHURCH

Many women were there, watching from a distance. They had followed Jesus
from Galilee to care for his needs.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23806207.2890/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9TWF0dC4yNy41NQ/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B8
6975322> Matthew 27:55

The New Testament records the fact that many women were among the larger
body of disciples that followed and served Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, we
only know the names and stories of a few. They were more loyal to Jesus at
the time of his crucifixion than his male disciples.

Despite the patriarchal society of that day, four women-two of them Gentile
foreigners-were named in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew's Gospel chapter
one. It is significant that Jesus included women in his teaching putting
them on equality with men. The same ethical and moral standards were
demanded from both genders and the same way of salvation was offered for
both.

Throughout the Bible, women filled significant roles-from leadership like
Deborah to unique motherhood like Mary. The same has been true of those in
the persecuted church.

A pastor in Cuba once told me, "Lenin said that without women there would be
no revolution. I say that without women there would be no church!"

In China, the group of Christians who have had a major role in the revival
and church growth are referred to locally as "Bible Women." Chairman Mao
once said, "Women hold up half the sky." But it is estimated that about
seventy per cent of the active Christian workers and church leaders in China
today are women.

For example, Chinese Bible Woman, Ding Xianggao, has an incredible
testimony. She is a young itinerant evangelist in China. Very much aware of
the cost, she says, "In my country there are many brothers and sisters who
suffer for Christ. Some of my co-workers have spent thirty years in prison
for the sake of the gospel."

Two of her associates were actually martyred. Because she is a hunted woman,
she often sleeps in caves and fields to avoid capture.

Her commitment is expressed this way: "Jesus died for me. The least I should
do is die for Him. To suffer and go to prison for Him is my honour, and I
look forward to it." She ended up in a large prison with over eight hundred
inmates involved in prostitution, murder and kidnapping. But Ding believed
God had placed her there for a reason. After three years she was released
from prison. But not before seventy-eight people had made a personal
commitment to Christ.

Sister Chan was sent to prison for six months for public preaching in
central China, a prison with six thousand other women. During her time
there, she led eight hundred women to faith in Jesus.

God uses everyone who is available in establishing His kingdom on earth.

RESPONSE: Today I will not assume that I am not useable by God. I will make
myself available to Him.

PRAYER: Pray for the ministry of Christian women around the world-especially
those who serve our Lord in difficult assignments or places.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7770)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7770>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20WITH
OUT%20WOMEN%20THERE%20WOULD%20BE%20NO%20CHURCH>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20WITHOUT%
20WOMEN%20THERE%20WOULD%20BE%20NO%20CHURCH>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/82746430/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.