[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Random Acts of Kindness from Children

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri May 14 12:37:27 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 8:11 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Random Acts of Kindness from Children

  <http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=c91b429e-d008-47c6-a7da-9358e9f3718b&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Friday

May 14, 2021

Good Morning Everyone:

I love stories of Acts of Kindness especially from children and

their acts. Here are a few that I have collected from teacher friends

over the years and that I though you may enjoy. Most are from

4th graders through 6th graders. Enjoy.

          RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

A little girl was late getting home from school and her mother

began to scold her, but then stopped asked, "Why are you so late?"

" I had to help one my friends. She was in trouble," explained the

daughter.

"What did you do?"

"Oh, I sat down and helped her cry!"

~~Julie 5th Grade

**********

One day my family and I were going to a baseball game and it was

pretty cold outside. In the city there are a lot of homeless people.

We saw this one guy with some dogs and you could see their ribs.

There were no bottles around him so we assumed he didn't spend

the money he gets on beer and stuff.

He was selling bracelets for 25 cents. We bought a few and gave

him $50. I wish nobody lived on the streets.

~~Dawn 6th grade

********

My Sunday School class joined an " anonymous Santa" program

and adopted a mother and her four children. At first we each brought

in a few cans of food (the usual donation). But as Christmas grew

nearer, our class began to realize just how needy and important our

presents would be.

Then the presents really started coming in. When I woke up Christmas

morning, I thought of our needy family opening their presents and how

 surprised they would be and that was my best Christmas present ever.

~~Lily, 5th grade

**********

Last year I was involved in a toy drive for children. My mom got

me to do it and I was not very excited. Thew only reason I was

 doing it was for extra credit in school.

I spent day after day sorting toys and looking for the clock to say

 it was time to go home. I went to basketball practice the night of

wrapping and I got to the school just a little bit late. I was very

stunned to see over a hundred and fifty people there wrapping

gifts. I started to feel good about what I had done.

All the help and good will that was shown that night really touched

my heart. I hope that I will have the chance to do that again. The

biggest surprised is that I didn't care about the extra credit any

more. To this day I haven't turned in the extra credit sheet.

~~Kyle, 6th grade

********

One day I had to wear a patch on my eye to school. I was afraid

everybody would laugh at me or I would fall down the steps at

lunchroom and hurt myself. My mom was really worried.

A good friend named Ethan said that he would help me, he walked

 in front of me going down the steps and in back of me going up

the steps so if I fell, I would fall on him. The best part is I got to

sit by my best friend every day!

~~Bailey, 2nd grade

**********

My random act of kindness is small but pretty good. Everyday say

at least one kind thing to everyone you talk to. This isn't hard to

do and it makes you and the people that you talk to feel good.

~~Brad, 5th Grade.

*********

A friend in my school wore a very beautiful necklace every day.

Of course, glitter on plastic was beautiful to a kindergartner.

But her necklace was different. It had brilliant colors of Indian

made beads and gold and silver balls in between.

One day she was playing tag and a boy yanked it off her neck.

Beads went flying everywhere as the little girl burst into tears.

I didn't know her very well, so I stayed on the monkey bars. I

could see that the boy felt awful as he tried to help her find

the scattered beads. It was hopeless.

The next day, she had no necklace so I took off my glitter on

 plastic necklace and gave it to her. I knew it wasn't as pretty,

but my heart ached to see such a bare neck.

She wore my glitter and plastic necklace with pride for the

 rest of the year.

~~Jacqui, 7th grade.

**********

One day I went to the hospital for my yearly shots. When I saw

a guy that was really old and looking like he is about to die. He

had cancer. I notice no one was visiting him. So I went to give

him some company. He seemed to have a smile on his face when

I was talking to him.

~~Steve, 5th grade

**********

I was going down the stairs after 1st period. Everyone was

walking all over a fifth grader on the ground.

I decided to help him pick up his books and when I was finished,

I told him I'm sorry everyone was stepping on him.

I walked away feeling good bout myself but I knew he was crying.

I know hos he felt. I was also a fifth grader once. I'm not telling

you this so you think I'm a nice person. I'm telling you this because

what I did made me feel good about myself.

I hope you take that into consideration. I want other people to

know that by helping one person it makes you feel like you helped

 the whole world.

~~Erin 7th Grade

********

On mother's day you should give your mother something nice and

 if you don't do that at least tell her Happy Mother's Day and if

you don't do neither of those things, I don't know what to tell you!

~~Maurice, 5th grade

*******

Of the mouth's of babes. What Act of Kindness have you done

today??? HUH???

*****

May God Bless and keep you and yours!!!

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net and request to be added.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=c91b429e-d008-47c6-a7da-9358e9f3718b> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.