[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: The DOT

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed May 19 12:45:23 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 8:10 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: The DOT

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=b5d6dddc-e1b2-4155-a08a-2417038e0f49&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Wednesday

May 19, 2021

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone:

As a former college professor this story warms my heart. Wish

I had thought of it when I was teaching!

                         THE DOT

One day a professor entered the classroom and asked his students to

prepare for pop quiz. The students waited anxiously at their desks for

 the exam to begin. The Professor handed out the pop quizzes with the

text facing down, as usual. Once he handed them all out, he asked the

students to turn over the papers.

To everyone's surprise, there were no questions ---just a black dot

in the center of the sheet of paper.

The Professor seeing the expression on everyone's faces, told them

the following: "I want you to write about what you see there."

The students, confused, got started on the inexplicable task.

Near the end of the class, the professor took all of the quiz papers,

and started reading each of them out loud, in front of all of the

students.

All of them with out exception, defined the black dot, trying to

explain its position in the center of the sheet and its characteristics.

After the professor had read all of the papers, the classroom went

 silent, the professor started to explain:

"I'm not going to grade you on this, I just wanted to give you

something to think about. No one ever wrote about the white part

of the page. Everyone focused on the black dot---and same

happens in our lives. However, we insist on focusing only on

the dark spot---the health issues that bother us, the lack of money,

the complicated relationship with a family member, the

disappointment with a friend. The dark spots are very small

when compared to everything we have in our lives, but they're

the ones that pollute our minds.

Take your eyes away from the black dots in your life. Enjoy each

one of your blessings, each moment that life gives you. Be happy

 and live a life filled with Love."

Think about this message...and the ability to see all of the beautiful

 creations God has given us!!

****

May God Bless You and yours, and God please bless us

with your GRACE.

Larry

‌

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If interested in receiving them, simply send an email to larryperry at att.net and request to be added.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=b5d6dddc-e1b2-4155-a08a-2417038e0f49> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.