[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Thu May 20 10:30:37 UTC 2021

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT SUICIDE?
May 20, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

This is a very sensitive and difficult issue. Most of us know someone—perhaps a friend or family member—who has taken his or her own life. Some wonder whether suicide is the unpardonable sin. I don’t believe so. The Bible gives no indication that suicide equals the automatic loss of salvation. It is, however, a very troubling and tragic decision that complicates an individual’s destiny.

The Bible says, “The just shall live by faith” (Romans 1:17), and suicide, typically, is the result of a total loss of hope and faith. Further, the Bible commands, “You shall not murder,” which naturally includes oneself. So, generally speaking, it would appear to many that if the last acts of a person’s life were to lose faith and then commit “self-murder,” it would not bode well for one’s future fate. Instead, it’s best for us to remember that where there is life, there is hope (Ecclesiastes 9:4).

But even with suicide, there can be hope because God looks at the heart. Only God truly knows the human heart, which is why He has commanded us not to judge someone’s eternal destiny based upon what might be a reckless final decision.

However, I can say with total assurance that it would not be God’s will for anyone to take his or her own life as an escape from this world. He loves each of us with a deeper love than we can know, and He wants to give us an abundance of life. When things get tough and emotions low, remember nothing can separate you from the love of God and that love “bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things” (Romans 8:39; 1 Corinthians 13:7).

Need help with suicidal thoughts? Call New Life Clinics at 800-639-5433 for immediate
assistance. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,"
"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

REVELATION NOW! DVD SET
Join Pastor Doug Batchelor for this epic Bible prophecy series and get clear, trustworthy, logical answers to your most pressing questions about life, prophecy, and the last days. You’ll not only receive life-changing insight into what the future will bring next, but you’ll also gain the practical tools you need to thrive in the here and now!

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)