[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurife: Daily Devotion: Two Roadblocks to Prayer

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon May 24 17:04:47 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 10:56 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurife: Daily Devotion: Two Roadblocks to Prayer

 Monday, May 24, 2021
Two Roadblocks to Prayer
LISTEN
“It’s your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins,
he has turned away and will  not listen anymore.”
—Isaiah 59:2
Some years ago I was leading a Holy Land tour. We also went to
modern-day Turkey to visit the  biblical Ephesus, where people once
worshiped the goddess Diana. So I bought a little statue of  this
goddess at a local souvenir stand to illustrate one of my messages.
Afterward I threw the statue in my backpack and thought nothing more of
it. But a little later in  the tour, two of my granddaughters came
across that little statue and started playing with it.
I said, “Girls, give that to me.” Then I left the room with it and
threw it away.
The Bible tells us, “Little children, keep yourselves from idols” (1
John 5:21 NKJV). We might  think of idols as images like the little
Diana statues from Ephesus. And they are, of course. But  idols also
can be other things.
An idol can be something that you drive. It can be something that you
hold. Or, it can be some  passion you have in life that’s more
important to you than God Himself. An idol is anyone or  anything that
takes the place of the true and living God in your life. And if we
allow things like  these to crowd out God, it can bring our prayer
lives to a halt.
Another thing that can hinder our prayers is unconfessed sin. Psalm 66
says, “If I had not  confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not
have listened” (Psalm 66:18 NLT).
Also, in Isaiah 59 we read, “Listen! The Lord’s arm is not too weak to
save you, nor is his ear too  deaf to hear you call. It’s your sins
that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has  turned
away and will not listen anymore” (verses 1–2 NLT).
God cannot forgive the sins we won’t confess.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#7914): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7914
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io