[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] ANSWER TO VIOLENCE

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue May 25 14:45:23 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 10:42 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] ANSWER TO VIOLENCE

ANSWER TO VIOLENCE

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let
any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23953346.1794/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9Sm9obi44Ljc/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B1739
93c4> John 8:7

"Get dressed and come along, we have a traitor we are going to necklace. We
have a tire, a bottle of petrol and matches." The group of angry youths at
the door did not even give their South African youth leader, Julia, a chance
to protest.

Julia's parents were Christians who tried to raise her in the ways of the
Lord. She rebelled at an early age and mixed with bad friends, abused drink
and drugs, and married a man who deserted her. As a single parent she did
her utmost to find a job, but work and food was scarce.

Julia joined a political party and participated in every gathering in her
neighborhood. Violence, she thought, is the only solution to the country's
and her own problems. She was soon chosen as leader of a large group of
young people who made their presence known in the streets.

Nevertheless, Julia's problems were not solved. Every day was one long
struggle to keep body and soul together, to find employment and to care for
her child. One day, things became too much. She realized that no person
could help. "Lord," she prayed in the dark, "if You truly are there, as my
parents maintain You are, You must help me now."

The Lord answered her prayer. He laid His hand on this young woman and
changed her life. She would never again be alone without her Heavenly Father
who cares for her by her side. After her repentance she spent much time
pondering and praying about her political aspirations and how she would
handle her youth group.

That morning with the youths at her door, Julia got dressed and accompanied
them to the man they wanted to execute by necklacing. Julia says, "I did not
say anything. All that I could do was to pray and ask the Lord, 'What must I
do now?'

"Fortunately it wasn't long before I got an answer from the Lord. I scraped
all my courage together, looked at my comrades and said, 'If there is one of
you who has never made a mistake, who is not a "sell-out," let him fasten
the tire around the man's neck, let him set it alight.'

"Not a single one of the young people had an answer. One by one they
silently parted and left me with the man who was to have been executed. I
asked him to help me to carry away the tire and the rest of the things. I
never saw him again.

"I must admit, I was quite afraid that the young people would return to burn
down my house. However, God is great and wonderful because nothing happened.
I am still their leader."

RESPONSE: Today I will be bold to live like Jesus when facing difficult
situations.

PRAYER: Pray for young people caught in Satan's lie that violence is the
solution to their problems.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7921)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7921>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20ANSW
ER%20TO%20VIOLENCE>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20ANSWER%2
0TO%20VIOLENCE>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/83077502/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.