[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] GREATEST REWARD

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed May 26 14:44:00 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 6:20 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] GREATEST REWARD

 GREATEST REWARD

There is an old story about the Greek Marathon. Muscular, conditioned
runners paced nervously near the starting line for the long-distance race.
The time was near. They "shook out" their muscles, inhaled deeply, and put
on their "game faces."

In the midst of it all, a young stranger took his place at the starting
line. His physique was awesome. Taking no notice of the other contestants,
he stared straight ahead. Two prizes would be awarded the winner of the
Marathon: a magnificent bouquet of flowers and the honor of standing beside
the king until the conclusion of other contests.

There seemed to be no question among the runners about who would win the
prize. It is alleged that the stranger was offered money not to run. Someone
else attempted to bribe him with property. Refusing the offers, he toed the
mark and awaited the signal to run. When the signal was given, he was the
first away. At the finish line, he was the first to cross, well ahead of the
rest.

When it was all done, someone asked the young man if he thought the flowers
were worth as much as the money and property he had refused. He replied, "I
did not enter the race for the flowers. I ran so that I could stand beside
my king!"

Those of us who have chosen to follow Jesus Christ are "running the race" (I
Cor. 9:24-25). It is a race that has a prize for those who finish (notice,
not those who finish first, but all who finish). This prize, according to
Paul, is an "imperishable crown." The rewards for those who enter heaven are
described in scripture with a lot of terms -- "many mansions", "streets of
gold", "tree of life", and the list goes on and on. All of those things are
attractive. That's why God tells us about them.

But I would be willing to give up all the streets of gold and settle for a
small corner of a shack as long as I can know the reward of being able to
stand beside my King. That's what I look forward to more than anything else.
It is the one thing that will make heaven the wonderful reward that it will
be.

"...The throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall
serve Him." (Rev. 22:3)

Run the race with diligence. Your King is watching and waits for you at the
finish line!

Alan Smith
"Thought For the Day"

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7929)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7929>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20GREA
TEST%20REWARD>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20GREAT
EST%20REWARD>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/83097290/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.