[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Thought For The Day

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon May 31 18:48:59 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2021 2:16 PM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Thought For The Day

When We Stand Before The Lord - Sunday Thought For The Day

Mychal S. Massie

May 30, 2021

I continue to be amazed by the great number of people I come in contact
with, who believe they will go to heaven based upon their own standards of
worthiness.  However, I am even more astounded by the greater number of
people who think and/or believe that when they stand before God they will be
unfazed, and there will be a discussion similar to that with a teacher when
an assignment isn't completed on time.  These people foolishly believe that
standing before God will be no different than anyone they have "handled"
here on earth; and that doesn't include the number of people who even more
incredulously have not for an instant given thought to standing before the
Lord.

Standing before the Lord is no laughing or joking matter.  It is not
something to be assumed as a visit with a "Father Flannigan" or "Burl Ives"
type.  I confess that it's more likely than not because I am a born-again
Christian that I do not take standing before the Lord lightly; but, with
that said, I can tell you that long before I accepted Christ as my Savior, I
feared standing before God.  There was something in my consciousness that
compelled me to realize that standing before God was not something to be
casual about.

Even today, I confess that there are moments that I realize how unworthy I
am, and it is only by the sacrificial blood of Christ that I am able to
stand before God, forgiven of my sin and reconciled to Him.  And let there
be no question, that is not to say I am perfect.  It's to say that Christ
paid the penalty for my sin upon the Cross.

It's a free gift to us, but it's a free gift we must accept and receive.
It's not forced upon us and we do not receive it through a priest, parent,
symbol or whatever.  We do not receive it by being involved in social
ministries and/or being nice to people.  It is given by grace and accepted
through faith.

READ: Exodus 3:6 KJV

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God
of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to
look upon God.

Revelation 1:9-18 KJV

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the
kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos,
for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice,
as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou
seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in
Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira,
and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw
seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,
clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a
golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his
eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and
his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a
sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his
strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right
hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore,
Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

https://mychal-massie.com/when-we-stand-before-the-lord-sunday-thought-for-t
he-day/

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7993)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7993>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Thou
ght%20For%20The%20Day>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Thought%
20For%20The%20Day>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/83215869/21951>
| New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.