[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] CHOOSING LOVE OVER HATE

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Nov 7 19:39:50 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Sunday, November 7, 2021 8:57 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] CHOOSING LOVE OVER HATE

CHOOSING LOVE OVER HATE

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/25614354.776/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnYX
Rld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9Um9tLjEyLjE0/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Bf380
a470> Romans 12:14

At the early age of eleven, Sam was living a pious Muslim life in the
southern Philippines. He prayed at mosques on Fridays and fasted during
Ramadan. Sam was the only one of his siblings sent to school where he
excelled both in classroom and sports. He was everybody's favourite, popular
and well-loved.

But everything changed one afternoon. After school, Sam passed by his
grandfather's house who happened to be a Christian. He saw a maroon book
with 'Kitab Injil' (The Gospel) written on the cover. He opened it and
started reading. "I was drawn to Jesus because his teachings were so
different...Help the needy, obey and respect parents, do not be a false
witness...they were not taught in Islam. Before that, I only knew to repay
evil with evil."

So Sam committed his life to following Jesus and His teachings in the Bible.
He was just a fifth grader then. Although he was the only Christian in his
family, Sam's parents and siblings respected his new faith. But outside his
home, among his friends, it was a different story. "You're a kafir
(infidel)! You are not my friend anymore."

It was very painful for Sam to be deserted by his friend. His classmates at
grade school kept a good distance from him. Some mocked him, calling him
kafir. There were times during classes when kids would throw their shoes at
him. They bullied him by writing stuffs on his uniform, filling his bag with
sand, and even punching him.

One day, a friend-turned-enemy yelled at him. "You Christians are filthy!
Christians are garbage!" Sam cried and ran home. There were times when he
was tempted to fight back, but he remembered the words of Jesus to love the
enemies, to bless and not curse. In his heart, he prayed for those who
bullied him and repaid them with a kind smile instead.

Sam, now seventeen, has endured physical harassment, insults, and
discrimination from friends and school mates for boldly telling them that he
is a Christian.

After Sam joined the Open Doors' discipleship program for MBB youths, he has
become even bolder in seizing every opportunity to share his faith in Jesus.
Sam knows that doing so might cost him his life someday.

"When I think of my friends, my heart breaks. I lost them, and though they
turned out to be my enemies, I don't hate them. Instead, I pray for them
that one day they will meet my Lord Jesus and be changed."

RESPONSE: Jesus wants me to not repay evil with evil but rather love, bless
and pray for those who are my enemies.

PRAYER: Help me Lord to live among those who oppose me with the character of
Jesus and respond to them with love and not hate.

Provided by bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#9070)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/9070>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20CHOO
SING%20LOVE%20OVER%20HATE>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20CHOOSING
%20LOVE%20OVER%20HATE>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/86882533/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.