[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Living Proof

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Nov 12 13:17:26 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 8:11 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Living Proof

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=99ba8f3c-5397-430f-a8fa-0a304d9191fd&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Friday

November 12, 2021

Good Friday Morning Everyone:

I ran across this this week and thought you might enjoy reading and thinking about

it today. Any of you remember these times???

******

WE ARE AWESOME !!!

OUR Lives are LIVING PROOF !!!

To Those of Us Born

1925 - 1955:

At the end of this email is a quote of the month by Jay Leno.

If you don't read anything else, Please read what he said.

~~~~~~~~~

TO ALL THE

KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE

1930s, '40s, 'and

50s, !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who may have smoked

and/or drank

While they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can,

and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then, after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in

baby cribs

Covered  with bright colored

Lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or

cabinets,

And, when we rode our bikes,

We had baseball caps,

Not helmets, on our heads and not

everyone received an award or

trophy, only those who worked

hard for them.

As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter, and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar.

And we weren't overweight.

WHY?

Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day.

--And, we were OKAY.

We would spend hours building

Our go-carts out of scraps and

then ride them down the hill,

Only to find

Out we forgot the brakes.. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned To solve the problem..

We did not

Have Play Stations, Nintendos and X-boxes. There were

No video games,

No need for tons of costly battteries

No 150 channels on cable,

No video movies

Or DVDs,

No surround-sound or

CDs,

No cell phones,

No personal computers,

No Internet and

No chat rooms.

WE HAD FRIENDS

And we went

Outside and found them!

We fell out of

trees, got cut,

Broke bones and

Teeth,

And there were

No lawsuits

>From those accidents.

  We would get

Spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping-pong paddles, or just a bare hand,

And no one would call child services to report abuse.

   We ate worms,

And mud pies

Made from dirt,

And

The worms did

Not live in us forever.

We were given

BB guns for our 10th birthdays, 22 rifles for our 12th, rode horses,made up games with sticks and tennis balls, and

  -although we were

Told it would happen- we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes

Or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just Walked in and talked to them.

Little League had

tryouts

And not everyone

Made the team.

Those who didn't

Had to learn

To deal with

Disappointment.

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing

Us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have

Produced some of the best risk-takers,

Problem solvers, and

Inventors ever.

The past 60

To 85 years have seen an explosion of innovation and new ideas..

We had freedom,

Failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all

If YOU are

One of those born

Between 1925-1955, CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want

to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids before the lawyers

and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good.

While you are

at it, forward it to your kids, so they will know how brave and lucky their parents

were.

Kind of makes

you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it ?

~~~~~~~

The quote of

the month

by

Jay Leno:

   "With hurricanes, tornadoes,

fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the

country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist

attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

****

Much love from the beautiful Fall Smokey Mountains.

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net and request to be added.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=99ba8f3c-5397-430f-a8fa-0a304d9191fd> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=99ba8f3c-5397-430f-a8fa-0a304d9191fd> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=99ba8f3c-5397-430f-a8fa-0a304d9191fd> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.