[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Best Sermons Are Lived

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Nov 21 19:18:06 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry <larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com> On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2021 12:10
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Best Sermons Are Lived

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=b020eefe-9aac-4eb3-95af-1d70bcae4aa4&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Sunday

November 21, 2021

Good Sunday Afternoon Everyone:

Think about the meaning behind each of these today.

       The Best Sermons are LIVED not Preached!

1.. Today, I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research paper

I'm working on for my Psychology class. When I asked her to define

success in her own words, she said, "Success is when you look back at

your life and the memories make you smile."

2. Today, I asked my mentor - a very successful business man in his 70s-

what his top 3 tips are for success. He smiled and said, "Read something

no one else is reading, think something no one else is thinking, and

do something no one else is doing."

3. Today, after a 72 hour shift at the fire station, a woman ran up to me

at the grocery store and gave me a hug. When I tensed up, she realized

I didn't recognize her. She let go with tears of joy in her eyes and the

most sincere smile and said, "On 9-11-2001, you carried me out of the

World Trade Center."

4. Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of

the road holding him and crying. And just before he died, he licked the tears

off my face.

5. Today at 7AM, I woke up feeling ill, but decided I needed the money,

so I went into work. At 3PM I got laid off. On my drive home I got a flat

tire. When I went into the trunk for the spare, it was flat too. A man in a

BMW pulled over, gave me a ride, we chatted, and then he offered me a

job. I start tomorrow.

6. Today, as my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood around my

mother's hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words before

she died. She simply said, "I feel so loved right now. We should have

gotten together like this more often."

7. Today, I kissed my dad on the forehead as he passed away in a small

hospital bed. About 5 seconds after he passed, I realized it was the first

time I had given him a kiss since I was a little boy.

8. Today, in the cutest voice, my 8-year-old daughter asked me to start

recycling. I chuckled and asked, "Why?" She replied, "So you can help

me save the planet." I chuckled again and asked, "And why do you want

to save the planet?" Because that's where I keep all my stuff," she said.

9. Today, a boy in a wheelchair saw me desperately struggling on crutches

with my broken leg and offered to carry my backpack and books for

me. He helped me all the way across campus to my class and as he

was leaving he said, "I hope you feel better soon."

10. Today, I was traveling in Kenya and I met a refugee from Zimbabwe.

He said he hadn't eaten anything in over 3 days and looked extremely

skinny and unhealthy. Then my friend offered him the rest of the

sandwich he was eating. The first thing the man said was, "We can

share it...."

The best sermons are lived, not preached...

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,

and the life of the candle will not be shortened.

Happiness never decreases by being shared."

******

May God bless you and yours. Much love.

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net <mailto:larryperry at att.net>  and ask.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=b020eefe-9aac-4eb3-95af-1d70bcae4aa4> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=b020eefe-9aac-4eb3-95af-1d70bcae4aa4>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=b020eefe-9aac-4eb3-95af-1d70bcae4aa4> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

https://www.avg.com