[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: I am Thankful

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Nov 24 13:11:37 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry <larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com> On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 8:10
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: I am Thankful

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=1fb2b921-1735-4800-a083-803a7b9ab7ab&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Wednesday

November 24, 2021

Good morning Everyone:

Tomorrow is THANKSGIVING DAY. A day that we give thanks to

God for all He is giving us.

Several years ago a good friend of ours, Mary, shared this following

email. It was found on a relative who had passed on. He had it printed

on a card that he carried in his wallet.

His name was Jim. He is dead now, but his message lives on. I hope

you enjoy it.

Something To Think About . . . . . .

            I am thankful . . . . .

. . . . for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been

surrounded by friends.

. . . for the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have

enough to eat.

. . . for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and

gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

. . . for all the complaining I hear about government because it means

we have freedom of speech.

. . . for the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means

I am capable of walking.

. . .for my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

. . . for the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it

means I can hear.

. . . for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes

to wear.

. . . for weariness and aching at the end of the day because it means I

have been

productive.

. . . for the alarm that goes off early in the morning because it means

that I am alive.

. . . for all the right and wrong in the world because it means I can tell

the difference.

THANKSGIVING DAY PRAYER

Lord, so often times, as any other day

When we sit down to our meal and pray

We hurry along and make fast the blessing

Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing

We're slaves to the olfactory overload

We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold

But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more

To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed

My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head

I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those

Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know

Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure

Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure

That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place

And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided

And bless each and every person invited

Amen!

Thank You Mary for sharing the story.

****

Much love to you and your family on Thanksgiving Day 2021.

May God Bless and keep you and don't forget that GOD

LOVES YOU and is WITH YOU ALWAYS!

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net <mailto:larryperry at att.net>  and ask.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=1fb2b921-1735-4800-a083-803a7b9ab7ab> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=1fb2b921-1735-4800-a083-803a7b9ab7ab>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=1fb2b921-1735-4800-a083-803a7b9ab7ab> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

https://www.avg.com