[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Worship in wonder this Christmas

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Nov 30 20:39:41 UTC 2021

From: THRU the BIBLE Newsletter <info at ttb.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 14:28
To: Michael Moore <mmoore11 at kent.edu>
Subject: EXT: Worship in wonder this Christmas

  <http://i7.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/takingheader.png>

  <http://i8.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bus.png> November 30, 2021

  <http://i10.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bluedivider.png>

God works wonders in our lives if we let Him. So often, we are left wide-eyed and awe-filled at what God has done at THRU the BIBLE.

First, get ready to learn a new song of praise in "The Real Songs of Christmas" booklet. Then travel to Afghanistan and discover how God has worked in some unexpected yet wonderful ways this year.

Be encouraged, friend. God is always one step—actually, several steps—ahead of you. And He plans to work wonders!

As always, we’ve got your seat saved on the Bible Bus.

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/1221_McGee.170508.jpg>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

The First Person to Worship Jesus: Elizabeth's Story

By Dr. J. Vernon McGee

Luke was the only one who recorded the real songs of Christmas, sung by Elizabeth, Mary, Zacharias, Simeon, the angel Gabriel, and the angelic host. The events surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ was the time for people to break forth in song—beginning with one older woman who understood something of the mystery of what was happening in her womb and the womb of her young relative from Galilee named Mary.

If you remember, after the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary she traveled about 100 miles from Galilee to the hill country of Judah, to the home of Zacharias and Elizabeth. Gabriel had told her about Elizabeth’s miracle pregnancy (Luke 1:36). Now Mary needed a safe place where she could think. After all, a tremendous thing was happening to her.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-y/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/1221_Global.170657.jpg>

Field Notes: Taking the Word to the World

One of the Best Decisions of the Year ... and We Almost Didn't Make It

By Gregg Harris, THRU the BIBLE president

In January 2020, we took a bold new step, praying we were following God’s lead. The decision on the table was how to increase our ministry efforts to the Persian-speaking people of the world, most of whom live in Iran.

For years, we kept a close eye on our radio broadcasts to Iran. Seeing the success of other THRU the BIBLE satellite television programs, we reluctantly decided to discontinue the radio broadcasts in Iran and instead invest in another version of the television program—this time in Persian. Once we made the switch and the program, Tamame Ketab (“The Whole Book”), began airing on a variety of satellite television channels covering the globe, we saw an immediate surge in response.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-j/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/The-Real-Songs-of-Christmas.172340.png>

The Real Songs of Christmas

Before the story of shepherds and angels, there was this story of two women and two songs. Together they provide a proper perspective of the real Christmas story.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-t/> > Download the booklet

  <http://i4.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/1221_WPT.171152.jpg>

World Prayer Today

“My friend would not stop talking about your program and what she was learning. It became annoying. Finally, she told me she’d stop mentioning her newfound love for God if I would agree to listen with her for one week."

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-i/> > Where is the team praying today?

  <http://i5.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/Jesusin.171306.png>

Jesus in Leviticus

Our sin separates us from God, who is holy and can’t look on sin. The only way to God is through what Christ did for us on the cross.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-d/> > See Jesus in Leviticus

  <http://i6.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/advent.172857.png>

The Heart of Advent

This month we’re doing something special on our social media platforms and pointing out Jesus in all four themes of advent: Hope, peace, love, and joy.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-h/> > Read more

  <http://i7.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/1221_Harris.171550.jpg>

A Word from Gregg Harris

One of the great privileges of leading the ministry of THRU the BIBLE is watching God move in the most wonderful and extraordinary ways.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-k/> > Read Gregg's letter

  <http://i8.cmail20.com/ei/r/41/903/1F8/csimport/2021-Dec.172400.png>

Newsletter Download

Get all this same great content in the full PDF download of this month's newsletter issue.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-u/> > Download the newsletter

  <http://i8.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/getreadjoinhelp2.png>

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-o/>

Get more out of your study.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-b/> Download free Notes & Outlines.

 <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org>

Share your Bible Bus journey.  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Email us your story.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-n/>

Travel the world on your knees.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-p/> Join the World Prayer Team.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-m/>

Help take the whole Word to the whole world.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-c/> Partner today.

  <http://i1.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/mail.png> Box 7100, Pasadena, California 91109-7100 • P.O. Box 25325, London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 6B1
  <http://i5.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/phone.png> 1-800-65-BIBLE (24253)   <http://i6.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/globe.png>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-q/> TTB.org   <http://i7.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/email.png>  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> BibleBus at ttb.org

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-a/>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-f/>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-z/>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-v/>

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-triuulul-idmkhdkih-e/>

  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-o-triuulul-idmkhdkih/o.gif>

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

https://www.avg.com