[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "Great and Precious Promises"

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Oct 5 16:49:17 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 12:39 PM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "Great and Precious Promises"

 Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Great and Precious Promises
LISTEN
"And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and
precious promises. These are  the promises that enable you to share his
divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by  human desires"
—2 Peter 1:4
Every year $5.8 billion in gift cards goes unclaimed. That’s a pretty
good deal for the sellers, by  the way. It reminds me a little of the
promises of God. All too often, we neglect to claim them.
Yet God has made a lot of promises to us in the Bible. In fact, 2 Peter
1:4 describes them as  “great and precious promises” (NLT).
For example, God has promised that we will never be alone in life.
Sometimes you may feel as though  you’re all alone, but you’re not
alone if Jesus Christ is in your heart. Hebrews 13:5 tells us,  “For
God has said, ‘I will never fail you. I will never abandon you'” (NLT).
In Isaiah 41:10 the Lord says, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am  your God. I will strengthen you and
help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand”  (NLT).
God also promises to get us through whatever we’re facing. Maybe you’re
going through a hard time  right now, and you’re wondering whether
you’ll ever get through it. God will get you through. He  will be with
you every step of the way.
He has said, “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When
you go through rivers of  difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk
through the fire of oppression, you will not be  burned up; the flames
will not consume you” (Isaiah 43:2 NLT).
And in Psalm 23, which many of us have memorized, David wrote, “Yea,
though I walk through the  valley of the shadow of death, I will fear
no evil; for You are with me” (verse 4 NKJV).
We all know what it’s like to have someone make a promise to us and
then break it. But when God  makes a promise, we can take it to the
bank. It’s good to go. He keeps His promises.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#8893): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8893
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.