[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Caretakers of God's Covenant by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:53:20 UTC 2021

God gave this promise to Abraham: “I will bless those who bless you, and I
will place a curse on those who harm you. And all the people on earth will
be blessed through you” (Genesis 12:3 NCV). When God called Abraham out of
Ur, he made a covenant—a promise—that Abraham would be the father of a holy
nation. Exactly how would God bless the world through Israel? First, they
would model a way of living that reflected the glory and goodness of God.
And secondly, they would provide a lineage through whom Jesus Christ, the
greatest global blessing, would be born. They were the curators and
caretakers of God’s covenant to Abraham. For this reason they were to
remain separate. Different. Holy. Set apart. And so are we. The assignment
given to the Jews has been passed on to us.