[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] THE BODY OF CHRIST AT WORK

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Oct 13 12:28:02 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 8:00 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] THE BODY OF CHRIST AT WORK

THE BODY OF CHRIST AT WORK

.so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all
the others.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/25322852.2187/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9Um9tLjEyLjU/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B70f3
d7a0> Romans 12:5

Training for Christian women in Pakistan, where poverty and illiteracy
abound, has proven to reflect the character of the body of Christ.

A student says, "It's important for me to be here so I can learn to read and
write. Then I can read the Bible for myself, which is the most important
thing for me. I want the Gospel to spread throughout our country. Now I
study hard and I can write my name. I intend to stand before the people and
read the Bible by myself so that other people may be encouraged to learn to
read and write in the same way.

One teacher named Gladys says, "I have a gift for sewing, cutting, and
embroidery. The other gift God has given me is to share with other people
and tell them about Jesus. That is the opportunity I have and that is what I
am doing here. When I began here, I said to them, 'I am not educated. I
can't teach anyone.' But then the Lord said to me, 'This is My work. I will
use you.'

"We do face discrimination because we live in the midst of people who don't
want us to move forward, people who keep trying to push us down so that we
will always be in slavery. But the women testify to what God has done for
them in their lives. From the time they first come here, I can see God
changing their lives because the way they speak changes and they talk about
the love they've been shown and how that has affected their lives. If
someday a mother's children are Christian because I taught her, I would be
so happy because I would know that God had done His work through me.

Another teacher reports, "I first came to the center to learn sewing skills.
But my father took me out of the center. He sent me to work for a Muslim
family who lived in Turkey. The family said that I should give up my faith
because it was no good. I told them that God had blessed me through this
faith, and that I could not find such a blessing anywhere else, and that my
faith meant everything to me.

"Then one time, when their daughter was ill, they taunted me and said I
better pray for her and see what Jesus would do. So I did pray for her, and
she was healed. They knew I had prayed to my God for her and so they
exclaimed, 'Glory to God! Surely your Jesus does answer prayers.'

Before I left them, I testified to them, and they said that my prayers work,
but I told them, 'It's not my prayers. It is the Lord who causes us to pray
and it is the Lord who heals.' And they had to admit that it was true, and
that my God truly does work."

Another student concludes, "The Church is the body of Christ. We have to
help each other to share the love of Jesus as He has shown us."

RESPONSE: Today I will share my giftedness with others and help build up the
body of Christ.

PRAYER: Pray for the Open Doors training sessions around the
world-especially among poor and illiterate Christian women.

Provided Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8926)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8926>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20THE%
20BODY%20OF%20CHRIST%20AT%20WORK>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20THE%20BO
DY%20OF%20CHRIST%20AT%20WORK>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/86285974/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.