[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "When You Want to Run Away"

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Oct 26 15:32:28 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:28 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "When You Want to Run Away"

 Tuesday, October 26, 2021
When You Want to Run Away
LISTEN
"As Goliath moved closer to attack, David quickly ran out to meet him."
—1 Samuel 17:48
When we face a crisis, what do we usually do? We worry. But worry isn’t
very productive. In fact,  it’s counterproductive. And by the way some
Christians act, you would think the Bible says, “Worry  about
everything and never pray about anything.”
However, the Bible actually says the very opposite: “Don’t worry about
anything; instead, pray  about everything. Tell God what you need, and
thank him for all he has done. Then you will  experience God’s peace,
which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your
hearts  and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6–7 NLT).
When David was about to face the giant Goliath, he said, “Everyone
assembled here will know that  the Lord rescues his people, but not
with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will  give you
to us! As Goliath moved closer to attack, David quickly ran out to meet
him” (1 Samuel  17:47–48 NLT).
David ran toward his giant to attack him. Earlier in the story we read
that Goliath left the  Philistine ranks to come out and taunt Israel.
That’s how sin is. It will get closer and encroach  on you. And if you
tolerate giants, they’ll take over your territory. They’ll come right
up on your  doorstep.
That’s why you don’t run from giants. For example, let’s say that you
have a problem with a  substance of some kind. Maybe it’s drugs. Maybe
it’s alcohol. Or maybe it’s something else. You  need to bring it into
the light of day and say, “I have a problem, and I need to face this
giant. I  need to deal with this.”
Quit covering it up. Quit rationalizing it or justifying it. Push it
out of the shadows where it  has lurked and bring it into the open.
Start praying and using the spiritual weapons that God has  given you
because He is bigger than your giant.
God is in control, and He is more powerful than our adversary.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#8998): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8998
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.