[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: How to turn bitter waters to sweet

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Sep 1 01:17:08 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: THRU the BIBLE Newsletter <info at ttb.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 7:04 PM
To: Michael Moore <mmoore11 at kent.edu>
Subject: EXT: How to turn bitter waters to sweet

 <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/takingheader.png>
 <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bus.png> August 31, 2021  <http://i10.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bluedivider.png>

Sometimes the Bible is a mirror for us. After the children of Israel celebrated their miraculous escape from Egypt, they learned what it meant to die of thirst in the desert. Go figure. In the feature article this month, Dr. McGee shows us how to move from “bitter to sweet” in our own desert experiences. You likely will relate.

And speaking of deserts, don’t miss what God is doing on the Bible Bus in Iran.

Also, a great “Why do you love the Bible?” video. Enjoy the refreshing message.

It’s a great day to be on the Bible Bus with you.

 <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>
 <http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/0921mcgee.151647.jpg>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

The Spring that Satisfies

By Dr. J. Vernon McGee

What the children of Israel experienced while going through the wilderness corresponds to our Christian experience; you can translate what happened to them directly over to the life of any believer today. We can expect to encounter the same problems and expect the same solutions to work for us. Every believer will experience their own particular version of what happened to the Israelites in the wilderness.

I do not believe any child of God can escape going through these experiences—they’re normal and natural to the Christian life. Therefore it’s profitable for you and me to follow the children of Israel for just a little way into the wilderness so we can learn something valuable.

> Read more <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-y/>

 <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>
 <http://i2.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/0921global.151809.jpg>

Field Notes: Taking the Word to the World

On the Bible Bus in Iran

For more than five years, the THRU the BIBLE family has been praying for and supporting the Arabic television program, Kol el Ketab. Now that ground-breaking program that utilizes the five-year THRU the BIBLE program to teach Arabic-speaking viewers the whole Bible through the conversations of evangelical pastors, has expanded to four other Middle East languages.

Now Kol el Ketab is broadcasted into Farsi, the most widely spoken language of Iran (formerly Persia) and also spoken in Afghanistan.

> Read more <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-j/>

 <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>
 <http://i3.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/Bitter-to-Sweet.155804.png>

"Bitter to Sweet" Booklet

Dr. J. Vernon McGee—who was no stranger to life’s challenges—leads us back to the wilderness to learn how not to turn bitter in those moments of dashed expectations but, instead, how to turn to God.

> Download the booklet <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-t/>

 <http://i4.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/0921WPT.152621.jpg>

World Prayer Today

Akhila's neighbors in Odisha had prayerd for her since she was a baby. Then one day they invited her to listen to THRU the BIBLE with them. Hear her story and more when you join the World Prayer Team.

> Where is the team praying today? <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-i/>

 <http://i5.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/Jesusin.152949.png>

Exodus

Dr. McGee loved to point out Jesus on every page of Scripture. See Him in the phenomenal book of Exodus.

> See Jesus in Exodus <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-d/>

 <http://i6.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/YouTube.155817.png>

"I Love the Bible Because ..."

Remember those "why I love the Bible..." videos we asked you to record and send in? Take a look at some we received and be encouraged.

> Watch the videos <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-h/>

 <http://i7.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/0921Harris.154153.jpg>

A Word from Gregg Harris

Whatever means possible. That’s how we’re committed to getting God’s whole Word to the whole world. I like to quote our board chairman when I say, “We’d use carrier pigeons if we thought that was the best way ….”

> Read Gregg's letter <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-k/>

 <http://i8.cmail19.com/ei/r/DE/C0F/F24/csimport/2021-Sep.155830.png>

Newsletter Download

Get all this same great content in the full PDF download of this month's newsletter issue.

 <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/getreadjoinhelp2.png>
 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-o/>

Get more out of your study. Download free Notes & Outlines. <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-b/>

 <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org>

Share your Bible Bus journey. Email us your story. <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org>

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-n/>

Travel the world on your knees. Join the World Prayer Team. <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-p/>

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-m/>

Help take the whole Word to the whole world. Partner today. <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-c/>

 <http://i1.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/mail.png> Box 7100, Pasadena, California 91109-7100 • P.O. Box 25325, London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 6B1
 <http://i5.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/phone.png> 1-800-65-BIBLE (24253)  <http://i6.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/globe.png> TTB.org <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-q/>   <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/email.png> BibleBus at ttb.org <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org>

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-a/>  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-f/>  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-z/>  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-v/>

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-trlhuhz-idmkhdkih-e/>