[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "How Bible Prophecy Gives Us Perspective"

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Sep 1 15:29:49 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 10:06 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "How Bible Prophecy Gives Us Perspective"

 Wednesday, September 1, 2021
How Bible Prophecy Gives Us Perspective
LISTEN
“God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who  listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.”
—Revelation 1:3
Have you ever wondered what will happen in the future? Have you ever wished you could see what will  take place? In some ways I’m glad I don’t know the future. God knows the future, I know Him, and  that’s enough.
The book of Revelation, however, gives us a glimpse into the future. In fact, the Bible says  there’s a special blessing promised to those who hear and keep the words of this book (see  Revelation 1:3).
Revelation means “the unveiling,” because it is not God’s desire to conceal but to reveal. And one  thing I’ve learned from studying this great book is that God has a plan, and everything is right on schedule. I’ve also discovered that the best is yet to come, and as followers of Jesus Christ, we  win in the end.
When we study Revelation, and Bible prophecy in general, we gain perspective. When we learn about  the future, it motivates us to live righteously in the present. And how we view the future is  important.
If we believe that Jesus could return at any moment, it will affect the way that we live.
For instance, when you were a child and did something wrong, maybe your mother said, “Just wait  until your father gets home!” Did you look forward to his arrival?
No, you didn’t. When you heard his car pull into the driveway and knew he was walking up to the  door, you were afraid.
On the other hand, if you were good and didn’t get into trouble that day, you could hardly wait  until your father got home.
Now let’s apply that to the Lord’s return. If we’re right with God, then we’re looking forward to  it. But if we’ve disobeyed Him, then maybe we’re dreading it.
Our belief in the imminent return of Jesus has an effect on us and on the way we live.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#8737): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8737
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io