[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] I Hate to Wait

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Thu Sep 2 13:17:04 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of trish via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 2, 2021 7:43 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] I Hate to Wait

I Hate to Wait

Waiting is the bane of my existence.  If there are two lines at the movie
theater, the one I choose will grind to a halt while the other glides by.
Don't get behind me at a toll booth; the driver in front of me will be
searching his seat cushions for quarters while the other lines whiz through.
Bank tellers go on break when I get near the front of their line;
supermarket checkout computers go on strike when I draw near.

Someone said that life is what happens to you while you're making other
plans.  Slowly I'm learning that there is redemption in every moment, as God
uses each minute for his glory and our good.  It's hard to think of a
biblical hero who didn't take a detour on the way to his or her destination.
Noah spent 100 years building his ark before the rains finally came; Abraham
and Sarah waited 25 years for Isaac; Joseph journeyed through Potiphar's
prison on the way to Pharaoh's palace.

Moses spent decades running from Pharaoh before the Lord sent him back to
free his people.  God told David he would be king long before Saul gave up
the throne.  John had to go to Patmos to meet his glorified Friend and Lord.

Are you waiting on God this morning?

Perhaps you're praying without seeing answers, or waiting on a job that
hasn't come or health the Lord has not restored.  You need direction or
provision from God, but he doesn't seem to be working on your timeline.  One
of the most frustrating reminders in Scripture is this statement from God:
"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.  As the
heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and
my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

God redeems all he allows.  If you're waiting on him this morning, there's a
reason.  He wants to use this delay to draw you closer to him, or prepare
you for what comes next, or help you trust him in hard times.  Remember that
your Father never makes a mistake.  His will is "good, pleasing and perfect"
(Romans 12:2).  His timing is always right.

Dr. James C. Denison
https://www.denisonforum.org

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8740)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8740>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20I%20
Hate%20to%20Wait>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20I%20H
ate%20to%20Wait>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/85325199/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.