[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: WHO ARE THE 144, 000? PART 4

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Tue Sep 7 19:48:34 UTC 2021

WHO ARE THE 144,000? PART 4
September 07, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

When Jews named their babies, the names nearly always had some meaning that depicted a characteristic of the child or an event connected with the birth. Notice how the wives of Jacob, Rachael and Leah, proclaimed the meaning of their sons’ names as they were born. As you continue reading the narrative in Genesis 29 of each of these births, Rachel and Leah also made prophetic statements for all 12 of their sons regarding the meanings of their names.

Here are the names of the tribes listed for the 144,000, in the order in which Revelation 7 lists them, and their corresponding Hebrew meanings as found in Scripture:

Judah means “I will praise the Lord”; Reuben means “He has looked on me”; Gad means “Given good fortune”; Asher means “Happy am I”; Naphtali means “My wrestling”; Manasseh means “Making me to forget”; Simeon means “God hears me”; Levi means “Joined to me”; Issachar means “Purchased me”; Zebulun means “Dwelling”; Joseph means “Will add to me”; and Benjamin means “Son of His right hand.”

Now here is the amazing part. Notice what happens when you line up these meanings according to the order in which they appear in Revelation. It forms a very remarkable statement declaring how God saves the church as His bride!

“I will praise the Lord for he has looked on me and granted good fortune. I am happy because of my wrestling, God is making me to forget. God hears me and is joined to me. He has purchased me a dwelling and will add to me, the Son of His right hand.” (The connecting words in italics are supplied for flow of thought.) These names in this order describe a brief story summarizing the church’s struggle, redemption, victory, and ultimate marriage to the Lamb. It seems evident that this is a special message of encouragement for those who are in the church, believers in Christ, and not just Jews.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me."
Genesis 29:32

THE BIBLE TRUTH ABOUT HELL MAGAZINE
Is hell a real place … or just a metaphor? Are sinners tortured in hellfire for eternity? Is the devil in charge of it all? These questions and more are answered in this brand-new sharing magazine from Amazing Facts International.

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)