[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Death Is Not the Final Chapter by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:55:54 UTC 2021

Death is not the final chapter in your story. John 11:25 and 26 assure us
that in death we will step into the arms of the One who declared: “I am the
resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even
though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.”
Winston Churchill believed this. The prime minister planned his own
funeral. Two buglers were positioned in the dome of St. Paul’s Cathedral.
At the conclusion of the service, the first played—the signal of a day
completed; the second played reveille—the song of a day begun. Death is no
pit, but a passageway, a corner turn. Isaiah wrote, “Your dead will
live…all you dead and buried, wake up! Sing!…the earth is bursting with
life, giving birth to the dead” (Isaiah 26:19). So play on bugler. Play on!