[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] His Power Becomes Our Power by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 14:42:56 UTC 2021

We look at other believers and ask, “Why is her life so fruitful and mine
so barren? Why is his life so powerful and mine so weak?Aren’t we saved by
the same Christ? The answer may be found in the first chapter of the book
of Acts, where Jesus told Peter and the other followers, “Wait here to
receive the promise from the Father. John baptized people with water, but
in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

During Jesus’ earthly ministry Jesus lived near the disciples. The Holy
Spirit, however, would live *in* the disciples. Jesus taught. The Spirit
teaches through us. Jesus comforted. The Spirit comforts through us. The
Holy Spirit is a year-round resident in the hearts of God’s children. As
God’s story becomes our story, his power becomes our power.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."