[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Wait Expectedly by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 11:28:36 UTC 2021

Wait on the Spirit. If Peter and the apostles needed his help, don’t
we? They walked with Jesus for three years, heard his preaching, and saw
his miracles. They saw the body of Christ buried in the grave and raised
from the dead. They witnessed his upper room appearance and heard his
instruction. Had they not received the best possible training? Weren’t they
ready? Yet Jesus told them to wait on the Spirit. “Do not leave Jerusalem,
but wait for the gift my Father promised…the Holy Spirit” (Acts 1:4-5).
Learn to wait, to be silent, to listen for his voice. Cherish stillness;
sensitize yourself to his touch. And just think—you don’t need a thing.
You’ve got it all. All God’s gifts right in front of you as you wait
expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene.