[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Checkmate

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Sep 24 12:54:25 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry <larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com> On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2021 8:10 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Checkmate

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=44481ad6-e6b2-4a34-81f2-e4fcc70808aa&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Friday

September 24, 2021

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/54023c2e001/9afcd4a9-6899-466b-9cec-802179e121d3.png>

Good Friday Morning Everyone:

I first heard about this painting on Dr. David Jeremiah's Turning

Point broadcast that was rerun recently for its poignant message.

Apparently, the painting is called "Checkmate."

                          CHECKMATE

This story is from Reverend Dr. Gary Nicolosi:

One of the things a lot of people don't know about World Chess

Champion Bobby Fischer is that his favorite hobby is visiting art

galleries and museums. Once while on vacation in Europe, he

became captivated by one particular painting called Checkmate. It

was the picture of a chess game. On one side of the board was Satan

with a smug and sinister smile on his face. On the other side of the

board was a young man with tears running down his face and sweat

pouring down his forehead. He was biting his fingernails. Satan

was reaching out to make the last move. The young man looked

terrified. Apparently, he thought he had lost the game to Satan.

Again, the painting is called Checkmate. Satan smiled. The young

man was panicked. And as Satan reached out to make the last move,

things seemed hopeless for the young man.

After six hours of staring at the painting, Bobby Fischer said, "Bring

me a chess board." He set up the board exactly as it was depicted in

the painting. After a few moments, he began to smile. "Young man,"

he said, "I wish you could hear me because I have some good news

for you. Things aren't as dark as they seem to be. I have studied this

game for more than six hours, and I have discovered that it's all right

to allow the devil to make his move. Because after he makes his move,

I've found that there is one more move on the board! Let him make

his move. You'll be the one who says, 'Checkmate!' There is one more

move on board."

Do you see what this means for you? You can live with the confidence

that your life is never checkmate. With Jesus there is always one more

move. So you can have the courage to face tomorrow, no matter what

happens today. For with Jesus the darkness never overwhelms the light,

 evil never defeats goodness, and death never overcomes life. Christ is

risen, and so shall we. Rise out of the depths of despair. Rise out of

the depths of the grave. Rise out of the depths of whatever holds us back

from lasting intimacy with God.

While Bobby Fisher never realized the true power of God on his side

as an atheist, he logically described a true attribute of God. God loves

to do the seemingly impossible; when it seems as though there is no

alternative to defeat, no avenue of escape or no answer to a dire problem

and we are "pinned to the mat", then God pulls the carpet out from

under the supposed victor and soundly defeats the evil at its own game.

Would you join the side of a war that cannot win? How foolish to think

that just because the dark side announces, "Checkmate", the game is

over; the winning has just begun and God's win will last for eternity.

Get right with God, you will need Him to win your war very soon.

Think about this story today!!!

 I pray God will bless you in ways you never even

Dreamed.

YOU are LOVED !!

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.ne <mailto:larryperry at att.net> t and request to be added.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=44481ad6-e6b2-4a34-81f2-e4fcc70808aa> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=44481ad6-e6b2-4a34-81f2-e4fcc70808aa>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=44481ad6-e6b2-4a34-81f2-e4fcc70808aa> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

https://www.avg.com