[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] {Spam?} The Wholly Month of Ramadhan Started Today for Moslems - FYI.

ali benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:45:39 UTC 2022

In the Name of God, the Most Merciful and the Most Gracious:

Hello everyone,

Trust everyone on this list is well and in good spirit!

Today, Saturday, April 2 is the first day of the Wholly Month of Ramadhan for Moslems. FYI

The Wholly Month of Ramadhan is for fasting and fasting from everything - No food, no water, no smoking, no fighting, not to get mad and angry, no serious arguing, no backbiting, no bad talking, and the list can go on and on.

We are required to be good, do good and say good only! Otherwise your day is spoiled and your fasting does not count! And that's a BIG sin!

The Nights of the wholly month of Ramadhan are given to prayers. On a daily basis during the Wholly Month of Ramadhan, After breaking the fast and done with the whole dinner menu, we are urged to go to the Mosque and pray for about 45 minutes to one hour. We are supposed to finish dinner within one hour and 20 minutes or so after the sunset.

The last 10 days are very special. Among these 10 nights there is one known as the "Night of Destiny" Prayers during this night  are  better than thousand months or prayers. During these last 10 nights, Believers increase their prayers in terms of intensity and length hoping to meet the BIG night. No body knows which of the nights is the BIG night.

If a person is unable to fast for medical reasons or other situations, he or she is urged to feed the poor.

If a person did not fast for no reason at all, he or she has to make up for that by fasting 60 days in order to correct and delete the BIG sin!

During this month it is recommended to finish reading the wholly Book, aka, Quran - about 20 pages a day - about 20 to 30 minutes per day.

Also, during this month, it is strongly recommended to do a lot of charity and feed as many fasting people as possible.

Today, we started our fasting around 5:45 am and we are going to break the fast at 7:55 pm or so. Then we can eat the whole night till dawn and so on for the whole month.

This year, the last day of the Wholly Month of Ramadhan is either May 1st or 2nd - we do follow the lunar calendar.

Thank you for reading my post!

Have a nice day y'all.

Ali