[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Audio Bibles for the Blind | April 2022 Newsletter

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Apr 4 21:26:38 UTC 2022

From: Aurora Ministries [mailto:bibles at auroraministries.org]
Sent: Monday, April 4, 2022 4:27 PM
To: Michael Moore
Subject: EXT: Audio Bibles for the Blind | April 2022 Newsletter

"But Jesus said, Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them;"

‌ ‌ ‌

Aurora Ministries

 Special needs child (VIP) holding Bible Buddy <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/variants/5os3lfu2vx7mm2hc8fzo0qza6f9f/56bb704cb6cb0a0ab4246ad1fffa8b9979b8dab45168f56be4d5ddf3527f2684.jpg>

Dear Friend,

"But Jesus said, Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:14 NKJV

Each year, Aurora Ministries attends a very special event called "Make 'm Smile" hosted by Nathaniel's Hope. This event is an outdoor festival for children with special needs and their families, which refers to each child as a "VIP" (very important person).

While most VIPs have some eyesight, many of them suffer from a print-handicap that keeps them from being able to read normally or manage the pages of a printed book, especially the Bible.

Aurora Ministries distributes hundreds of free audio CDs to the VIPs and their families. These CDs have selected Scripture readings from the New Testament to tell them about Jesus.

This is the first time some of these children have heard the name of Jesus.

In addition to the free audio CDs about Jesus, we also provide a free Children's Audio Bible and children's devotional on their choice of MP3 disc or talking book cartridge for their special book readers. It's also a chance for them to get a "hands-on" demonstration of our portable, accessible Audio Bible players and our Bible Buddies.

We believe it's very important for children to read the Bible, and in this case, have an accessible Bible they can hear and understand.

While every child that visits our booth is given free Biblical resources, unfortunately, only a few are able to receive a Bible Buddy—a soft, cuddly, stuffed animal which includes an audio player with the Children's Bible, devotional and Bible stories. At the last Make 'm Smile event, we were able to give out 35 Bible Buddies. Our goal is to double that this year.

If you could only see the smile on a child's face when they receive a Bible Buddy—it's hard to put into words their joy and excitement—and the joy we receive just watching them! I'm sure you would feel the same if you could be there with us. But in some ways, you are. If it weren't for the support of friends like you, none of these VIP children would have been able to receive these life-changing gifts.

Maybe you wish to sponsor a VIP with a Bible Buddy this year? For a gift of just $30, you can sponsor one VIP child to receive a Bible Buddy at Make 'm Smile this summer. Only God knows what happens after they leave our booth, but if we can introduce Jesus Christ to just one child or parent, it's worth it!

In addition to our VIPs, we must continue to help as many blind & visually impaired people receive an Audio Bible as possible. We continue to receive hundreds of requests from blind individuals wanting to hear God's Word because they are unable to read a printed Bible. A gift of just $10 is all it takes to sponsor one blind man, woman or child to receive an accessible Audio Bible for their special talking book reader. Maybe you are able to sponsor two blind people for $20—any gift amount is gratefully received.

Even if you're unable to help financially to sponsor a VIP or sponsor a blind person this month, you can still help—please pray for the ministry, the VIP children, their families, the blind and all those who need to hear God's Holy Word. Your prayer support is very important to us.

DONATE TO AURORA MINISTRIES

Aurora Ministries is a member of ECFA.
(Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability)

LEARN MORE ABOUT
AURORA MINISTRIES

[ PHOTO IMAGE OF FOUNDER ANTHONY ROSSI WITH FRIEND CLIFF BARROWS ]

Aurora Ministries founder Anthony T. Rossi (founder of Tropicana). Anthony Rossi (left) pictured with Friend Cliff Barrows (right).

WATCH THE VIDEO

WHERE DO DONATED AUDIO BIBLES TO THE BLIND GO?

  <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/variants/hwef6b5ahslliext1219y4b6zndb/51cd02b8b10742afe0420f340d7c871f97ce68e7c4e107c784a4aaa02e05f4cb.png>

VIEW AUDIO BIBLE DISTRIBUTION MAP

 [ PHOTO OF BLIND MAN LISTENING TO BIBLE ON DIGITAL TALKING BOOK PLAYER ] <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/variants/5smwawwnr4u8wm7kfzhomvkmo2r8/51cd02b8b10742afe0420f340d7c871f97ce68e7c4e107c784a4aaa02e05f4cb.png>

Do you know someone who is blind or has a print-disability?

Free accessible Audio Bibles for blind, visually impaired and print-handicapped. National Library Service f/t Blind Digital Talking Book, Daisy Book, MP3 & Audio/Video DVD.

VIEW FREE RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR BLIND AND PRINT DISABLED

Aurora Ministries

(941)748-3031

© 2022 Aurora Ministries

 <https://www.auroraministries.org/account/unsubscribe?token=Al70TDuR71BptO5Rp6dbibE1vPqjZkuNKru3Te5SMIVJjaAQ_-iqZYwUO2XwWRlsvneh0FMDs4YdZgOLmWrA3kc2JTPlYQ6ux7jTV5FPOgY%3D&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email&utm_campaign=emailmarketing_122681032746&utm_content=unsubscribe_batch_5225e801-adf2-4e1e-ba7d-52994623f405> Unsubscribe

  <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/w6x6e9hhncbry6xkh1k7svrc4xko.png>

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.