[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Providential Hope by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 18:37:29 UTC 2022

Abused and rejected by his brothers, Joseph, the son of Jacob, suffered
servitude and prison. Why did God allow Joseph’s suffering? Why does God
permit challenges to come our way? Wouldn’t an almighty God prevent them?

Not if they serve his higher purpose. When Pharaoh was troubled by his
dreams, the butler mentioned Joseph to Pharaoh. And as fast as you can say
*providence*, Joseph went from prison to palace to prime minister. He saved
not just the Egyptians but also the family of Jacob.

Years later Joseph would tell his brothers, “You intended to harm me, but
God intended it for good to accomplish…the saving of many lives” (Genesis
50:20). What was intended as harm became good. Why? Because Joseph viewed
the sufferings of his life through the lens of divine providence. Can I
urge you to do the same?

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."