[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Following Jesus Christ

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Jan 28 21:13:10 UTC 2022

From: THRU the BIBLE Newsletter <info at ttb.org>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2022 12:45
To: Michael Moore <mmoore11 at kent.edu>
Subject: EXT: Following Jesus Christ

  <http://i7.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/takingheader.png>

  <http://i8.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bus.png> January 28, 2022

  <http://i10.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bluedivider.png>

A lost world is not a lost cause. In this month’s article, Dr. McGee reminds us that—even in a sinful, forgetful world—God faithfully guides to Himself all those who seek Him.

Later, discover what’s up with WhatsApp and how people are reclaiming modern-day media for Christ. What a great reminder of how God uses everything for His good as we keep following Him.

As always, we’ve got your seat saved on the Bible Bus.

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/0222_McGee.092044.jpg>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

Living in a World that Has Forgotten God

By Dr. J. Vernon McGee

When the Lord taught the parable of the sower, He said the seed that fell on the rock had “fallen away.” Literally, the seed grew without a root. He likened it to the person who believes for a little while and then falls when temptation strikes. (See Luke 8:13.)

People who “fall away” are called “apostates” in Scripture. They professed to believe, but then they move away from it. They no longer believe; they have departed from the faith. Apostasy would be impossible among unevangelized tribes who have never heard the gospel. An apostate is one who has not only heard the gospel, but who has professed to believe it, and then departs from it.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-y/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/0222_Global.092228.jpg>

Field Notes: Taking the Word to the World

Have You Heard of WhatsApp?

Remember when we said we would use any communication method we could to take THRU the BIBLE to the whole world?

Several years ago, a creative ministry partner, Mobile Christian Network, had the idea to share THRU the BIBLE’s daily program on WhatsApp, and today it’s spreading like wildfire in Africa and South Asia.

More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to communicate every day. In addition to sending texts, videos, documents, etc. by WhatsApp, people are now sharing THRU the BIBLE with their networks of contacts (up to 250 people at a time).

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-j/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/Living-for-God.092425.png>

Living for God

What’s wrong with the church today? Dr. McGee gives us a historical review of how the church got in this place and then seven timely words of instruction from the book of Jude of how God’s people can survive these “latter” days in which we now live.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-t/> > Download the booklet

  <http://i4.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/0222_WPT.092650.jpg>

World Prayer Today

“I now lead a study for women in my neighborhood. We laugh, cry, worship, and believe God has a purpose in bringing us together.”

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-i/> > Where is the team praying today?

  <http://i5.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/Whystudy.120104.png>

Why Study Numbers?

The lessons the Israelites had to learn in the wilderness are good for us to hear, too, which is why God recorded this history. Pay attention!

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-d/> > Read more

  <http://i6.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/Jesusin.093344.png>

Jesus in Numbers

Years now into their wearisome march around the wilderness, the children of Israel complained about everything—and especially against God and about Moses.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-h/> > Read more

  <http://i7.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/0222_GHletter.093516.jpg>

A Word from Gregg Harris

When God made His covenant with Abraham, He said, "I will bless you … so that you will be a blessing." The principle certainly follows for us, too. As God blesses us, we want to bless others.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-k/> > Read Gregg's letter

  <http://i8.cmail20.com/ei/r/AB/4E7/D27/csimport/2022-Feb.093624.png>

Newsletter Download

Get all this same great content in the full PDF download of this month's newsletter issue.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-u/> > Download the newsletter

  <http://i8.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/getreadjoinhelp2.png>

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-o/>

Get more out of your study.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-b/> Download free Notes & Outlines.

 <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org>

Share your Bible Bus journey.  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Email us your story.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-n/>

Travel the world on your knees.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-p/> Join the World Prayer Team.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-m/>

Help take the whole Word to the whole world.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-c/> Partner today.

  <http://i1.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/mail.png> Box 7100, Pasadena, California 91109-7100 • P.O. Box 25325, London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 6B1
  <http://i5.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/phone.png> 1-800-65-BIBLE (24253)   <http://i6.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/globe.png>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-q/> TTB.org   <http://i7.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/email.png>  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> BibleBus at ttb.org

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-a/>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-f/>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-z/>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-v/>

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-trkulja-idmkhdkih-e/>

  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-o-trkulja-idmkhdkih/o.gif>

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

https://www.avg.com