[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] DONNIE DAILY GEMS FOR MONDAY JUNE 6

Donnie Parrett deparrett at prtcnet.org
Mon Jun 6 01:34:31 UTC 2022

DONNIE DAILY GEMS FOR MONDAY JUNE 6

MEMORY SCRIPTURE FOR THE WEEK

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
shall walk, and not faint.

___

WORD OF WISDOM

  If you are not Born Again, you will wish that you were never born once.

___

DAILY DEVOTION

Faith and Focus

And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of
them that searched the land, rent their clothes: And they spake unto all the
company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through
to search it, is an exceeding good land. If the LORD delight in us, then he
will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk
and honey.
Numbers 14:6-9

The twelve men Moses sent into the Promised Land as spies to gather the
information the Israelites would need to prepare for the coming invasion all
saw the same things. They saw the same bountiful lands. They saw the same
walled cities. They saw the same enemy warriors they would have to fight.
Ten of them concluded that the task was impossible-that there was no way
Israel could win. The other two, Joshua and Caleb, came to the opposite
conclusion. They did not see something in Canaan that their companions had
missed, but they recognized that, with God's power and blessing, the enemy
did not stand a chance.
There are obstacles, challenges, and difficulties in all of our lives.
Sometimes we even face things that seem like giants to us. But the problems
do not mean that we have to lose faith. If we cling to the promises of God,
we can keep going forward in confidence. God's plan does not guarantee that
things will always work out the way we think they should or that we will
never have to fight battles. But it does mean that all things will work as
He knows they should, that He will fight for us, and that He will be with
us. It is a real comfort and encouragement when those around us increase our
faith and go forward with us. But even if everyone else says it is
impossible, we can still believe in God. We can claim every promise He has
made and live with complete confidence in Him.
When we look at God rather than our circumstances, our faith will hold
strong when it is tested.

___

DAILY BIBLE READING

Psalm 11-15 New King James Version
Faith in the Lord's Righteousness
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
11 In the Lord I put my trust;
How can you say to my soul,
"Flee as a bird to your mountain"?
2 For look! The wicked bend their bow,
They make ready their arrow on the string,
That they may shoot [a]secretly at the upright in heart.
3 If the foundations are destroyed,
What can the righteous do?

4 The Lord is in His holy temple,
The Lord's throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold,
His eyelids test the sons of men.
5 The Lord tests the righteous,
But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
Shall be [b]the portion of their cup.

7 For the Lord is righteous,
He loves righteousness;
[c]His countenance beholds the upright.

Man's Treachery and God's Constancy
To the Chief Musician. On [d]an eight-stringed harp. A Psalm of David.
12 Help,[e] Lord, for the godly man ceases!
For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.
2 They speak idly everyone with his neighbor;
With flattering lips and [f]a double heart they speak.

3 May the Lord [g]cut off all flattering lips,
And the tongue that speaks [h]proud things,
4 Who have said,
"With our tongue we will prevail;
Our lips are our own;
Who is lord over us?"

5 "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy,
Now I will arise," says the Lord;
"I will set him in the safety for which he yearns."

6 The words of the Lord are pure words,
Like silver tried in a furnace of earth,
Purified seven times.
7 You shall keep them, O Lord,
You shall preserve them from this generation forever.

8 The wicked prowl on every side,
When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

Trust in the Salvation of the Lord
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
13 How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart daily?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God;
Enlighten my eyes,
Lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4 Lest my enemy say,
"I have prevailed against him";
Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6 I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Folly of the Godless, and God's Final Triumph
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
14 The fool has said in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.

2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
3 They have all turned aside,
They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good,
No, not one.

4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
Who eat up my people as they eat bread,
And do not call on the Lord?
5 There they are in great fear,
For God is with the generation of the righteous.
6 You shame the counsel of the poor,
But the Lord is his refuge.

7 Oh,[i] that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord brings back [j]the captivity of His people,
Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.

The Character of Those Who May Dwell with the Lord
A Psalm of David.
15 Lord, who may [k]abide in Your tabernacle?
Who may dwell in Your holy hill?

2 He who walks uprightly,
And works righteousness,
And speaks the truth in his heart;
3 He who does not backbite with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor does he [l]take up a reproach against his friend;
4 In whose eyes a vile person is despised,
But he honors those who fear the Lord;
He who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
5 He who does not put out his money at usury,
Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent.

He who does these things shall never be moved.

Footnotes
Psalm 11:2 Lit. in darkness
Psalm 11:6 Their allotted portion or serving
Psalm 11:7 Or The upright beholds His countenance
Psalm 12:1 Heb. sheminith
Psalm 12:1 Save
Psalm 12:2 An inconsistent mind
Psalm 12:3 destroy
Psalm 12:3 great
Psalm 14:7 Lit. Who will give out of Zion the salvation of Israel?
Psalm 14:7 Or His captive people
Psalm 15:1 sojourn
Psalm 15:3 receive