[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] DONNIE DAILY GEMS FOR THURSDAY JUNE 9

Donnie Parrett deparrett at prtcnet.org
Thu Jun 9 03:42:41 UTC 2022

DONNIE DAILY GEMS FOR THURSDAY JUNE 9

WORD OF WISDOM

If you will do little things like they're big things, God will do big things
like they're little things.

___

DAILY DEVOTION

"Good Doctrine"

Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know
understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. For I
was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He
taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my
commandments, and live.
Proverbs 4:1-4

Despite what we see and hear in the world around us, God has not changed.
His nature and character remain just as they have always been. And His
absolute standards of right and wrong have not been altered to match current
popular opinion. God doesn't conduct polls to find out whether something is
popular; He just declares what is righteous and holy and true and insists
that we adjust ourselves accordingly. The doctrine and teachings that were
true before are still true today. The instruction that we have received from
God's Word must not be forsaken.
The playbook of the devil hasn't changed since the Garden of Eden. If he can
convince us to question God's commitment to what He has said, if he can
persuade us to alter God's instructions even slightly, he wins. We need to
make a firm decision that we will stand fast on and for the truth.
Regardless of what others may say or do, we can maintain our commitment to
obey the good doctrines found in the Scriptures. They are the only sure and
certain guide for right living.
Those first principles that we learned when we were first saved, whether as
children or adults, are still true. Rather than seeking new doctrines and
loopholes, we need to stick to what God has said. In the unchanging pages of
the Bible, we find what He wants us to know. We must not allow anything to
take away, alter, or undermine the Word of God. It is true. In every case,
in every decision, in every day of our lives, we must hold fast the good
doctrine we have learned.
Anything or anyone who encourages us to question God's Word is doing the
work of the enemy.

___

DAILY BIBLE READING

Psalm 26-30 New King James Version
A Prayer for Divine Scrutiny and Redemption
A Psalm of David.
26 Vindicate me, O Lord,
For I have walked in my integrity.
I have also trusted in the Lord;
I shall not slip.
2 Examine me, O Lord, and [a]prove me;
Try my mind and my heart.
3 For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth.
4 I have not sat with idolatrous mortals,
Nor will I go in with hypocrites.
5 I have hated the assembly of evildoers,
And will not sit with the wicked.

6 I will wash my hands in innocence;
So I will go about Your altar, O Lord,
7 That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving,
And tell of all Your wondrous works.
8 Lord, I have loved the habitation of Your house,
And the place [b]where Your glory dwells.

9 Do[c] not gather my soul with sinners,
Nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
10 In whose hands is a sinister scheme,
And whose right hand is full of bribes.

11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity;
Redeem me and be merciful to me.
12 My foot stands in an even place;
In the congregations I will bless the Lord.

An Exuberant Declaration of Faith
A Psalm of David.
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me
To eat[d] up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

4 One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the [e]beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

6 And now my head shall be [f]lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of [g]joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, "Seek My face,"
My heart said to You, "Your face, Lord, I will seek."
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

14 Wait[h] on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Rejoicing in Answered Prayer
A Psalm of David.
28 To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock:
Do not be silent to me,
Lest, if You are silent to me,
I become like those who go down to the pit.
2 Hear the voice of my supplications
When I cry to You,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.

3 Do not [i]take me away with the wicked
And with the workers of iniquity,
Who speak peace to their neighbors,
But evil is in their hearts.
4 Give them according to their deeds,
And according to the wickedness of their endeavors;
Give them according to the work of their hands;
Render to them what they deserve.
5 Because they do not regard the works of the Lord,
Nor the operation of His hands,
He shall destroy them
And not build them up.

6 Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.

8 The Lord is [j]their strength,
And He is the saving refuge of His [k]anointed.
9 Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also,
And bear them up forever.

Praise to God in His Holiness and Majesty
A Psalm of David.
29 Give[l] unto the Lord, O you mighty ones,
Give unto the Lord glory and strength.
2 [m]Give unto the Lord the glory [n]due to His name;
Worship the Lord in the [o]beauty of holiness.

3 The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
The God of glory thunders;
The Lord is over many waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful;
The voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

5 The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars,
Yes, the Lord splinters the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes them also skip like a calf,
Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the Lord [p]divides the flames of fire.

8 The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness;
The Lord shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth,
And strips the forests bare;
And in His temple everyone says, "Glory!"

10 The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood,
And the Lord sits as King forever.
11 The Lord will give strength to His people;
The Lord will bless His people with peace.

The Blessedness of Answered Prayer
A Psalm. A Song at the dedication of the house of David.
30 I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up,
And have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried out to You,
And You healed me.
3 O Lord, You brought my soul up from the grave;
You have kept me alive, [q]that I should not go down to the pit.

4 Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of [r]His holy name.
5 For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But [s]joy comes in the morning.

6 Now in my prosperity I said,
"I shall never be [t]moved."
7 Lord, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong;
You hid Your face, and I was troubled.

8 I cried out to You, O Lord;
And to the Lord I made supplication:
9 "What profit is there in my blood,
When I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise You?
Will it declare Your truth?
10 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me;
Lord, be my helper!"

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off [u]my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
12 To the end that my [v]glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Footnotes
Psalm 26:2 test me
Psalm 26:8 Lit. of the tabernacle of Your glory
Psalm 26:9 Do not take away
Psalm 27:2 devour
Psalm 27:4 delightfulness
Psalm 27:6 Lifted up in honor
Psalm 27:6 joyous shouts
Psalm 27:14 Wait in faith
Psalm 28:3 drag
Psalm 28:8 So with MT, Tg.; LXX, Syr., Vg. the strength of His people
Psalm 28:8 Commissioned one, Heb. messiah
Psalm 29:1 Ascribe
Psalm 29:2 Ascribe
Psalm 29:2 Lit. of His name
Psalm 29:2 majesty
Psalm 29:7 stirs up, lit. hews out
Psalm 30:3 So with Qr., Tg.; Kt., LXX, Syr., Vg. from those who descend to
the pit
Psalm 30:4 Or His holiness
Psalm 30:5 a shout of joy
Psalm 30:6 shaken
Psalm 30:11 The sackcloth of my mourning
Psalm 30:12 soul