[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] [NFBMI-Talk] Trying To Help A New Prospective NFB Member Who Is Catholic

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:11:35 UTC 2022

On 3/9/22, christine Boone <christineboone2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  ...  I do have a good friend here in Nebraska who is totally blind and very serious about > her Catholic faith. Her name coincidentally enough is also Mary. Mary reads Braille but
> she is also tuned in to lots of talking things, from access tools to programs. Mary actually > walks to Mass every morning except Saturday. I would be happy to speak with her to
> see if she would be interested in speaking with Ohio Mary?

Sure, Christine.  This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for:
a human relationship that has potential for  making the relevance and
hope afforded by Xavier Society seem within reach to my new friend
here.

Actually, my Mary would be best characterized as Munster Mary, since
her most recent home is in Munster, Indiana.  She has hung onto her
residence there in the hope that she will go back and live
independently in her original community after having attained
sufficient blind skills to make this feasible and safe.  For now, Mary
is residing in the home of her daughter Maureen, her son-in-law Tom,
and their six children here in Mishawaka.  With everything from a baby
to a teenager in their household, Mary is probably seldom in a place
of quiet but never in a place of boredom.

Please reach out to me privately as you take steps toward warming up
this connection.

Warm regards,

-Kane