[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Opportunity Lost

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Thu Mar 17 12:22:02 UTC 2022

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2022 6:52 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Opportunity Lost

<https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzMoR4DgdO3hUtc715mM7
uRcaA0ACJu9aAVbjnNJ6f4cMCHpb_h7vnZ_KFJQc&s>
Opportunity Lost

"Then Agrippa said to Paul, 'You almost persuade me to become a Christian."'
(Acts 26:28)

Years ago, Walter took his friend Arthur to see some land in open country
where cattle were idly grazing. Walter explained about his dream for
developing this area. He told his friend that in time the area would be
surrounded by many restaurants, hotels and convention centers. He told
Arthur that his plan would take all of his money and he needed others to
develop the surrounding area. He wanted his friend to have the first
opportunity to buy into this project.

But Arthur thought to himself, "Who in the world is going to drive
twenty-five miles for this crazy project?"

He said to Walter that he would think about it and decide later on. "Later
on will be too late," Walter cautioned Arthur. "You'd better move on it
right now."

"And so Art Linkletter turned down the opportunity to buy up all the land
that surrounded what was to become Disneyland. His friend Walt Disney tried
to talk him into it. But Art thought he was crazy."

Life's like that. King Agrippa had the opportunity to accept Christ and
become a Christian. He turned it down. Judas had one of the greatest
opportunities in all of history to become a follower of Jesus. Instead, he
betrayed Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. Unbelievable! The two thieves
who were crucified with Jesus also had the opportunity to receive the gift
of eternal life. One accepted. The other didn't.

Life offers all of us many opportunities. We all have the opportunity to
become followers of Jesus.

That choice is ours.... Today!  We do not know what tomorrow holds.

As God's Word says, "For he says, I have heard you in a favorable time, and
in a day of salvation I have helped you.  Behold, now is the accepted time;
behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2)

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#10306)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/10306>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Oppo
rtunity%20Lost>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Oppor
tunity%20Lost>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/89842515/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.