[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Happy Memorial Day

Donnie Parrett deparrett at prtcnet.org
Mon May 30 11:54:41 UTC 2022

The Bible says in Romans 13:7
Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom
to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

In the Old Testament, God commanded His people to put down "memorial stones"
as reminders of past national victories. Every time they or future
generations passed by a memorial, they would remember the mighty things God
had done and honor the people who gave their lives for others. All
throughout the Scripture, we see that God blesses an attitude of honor. To
show honor simply means that you give respect and recognition to others with
your attitude, actions, and words.
Today, we recognize Memorial Day as a time when we honor all the brave men
and women who have given their lives in service for this country. As we
remember them, let's honor the gift of freedom they have given us by saying
thank you with our actions and choosing to love and honor others. Let's also
honor all those who are serving in our armed forces and their families who
are sacrificing so much today. Let's pray for God's peace, protection, and
provision over every area of their lives.