[Ohio-talk] Just a thought I have had

richard payne rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 1 14:20:34 UTC 2008

I work    where every 6 months they change managers and teams so you may work with one team for 6 months and then also be moved to the other end of a jiant building. Well because I am blind I got a choice to stay with my manager and not change seats. I had no major problems with keeping the manager but she was moving and I wanted to sit with my team. The said they would have to get goodwill to come out and train me how to walk to my new seat. I told them that was not necessary. I must admit that the company that I work for has been very willing to learn.
The thing that plegs me is that another company that I am aware of has around 15 blind people working there and they have the same manager and sit in the same row of seating. They feel very comfortable with these arrangements but I certainly would not.
I guess if some one came in and did not they would still have to sit there. This to me seems to have some subtle set backs.
What do you think? Richard