[Ohio-talk] Cleveland Foundation Center Workshops, from Nov. 19 - Jan. 30.

Everett Gavel everettg at successfuladaptations.com
Mon Nov 17 05:29:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

To try to help us all be better at being the best we
can be, I'm passing along something I gathered
recently.  It's the schedule of (mostly free) classes
given at the Cleveland Foundation Center.  Below is a
listing of the numerous one-day classes and workshops
they offer, which can help each of us become better at
raising funds through grants, and more. Below are the
upcoming classes for the months of November, December,
and January.   To find out more, click the links below
to go to their web site, or call them with questions
using the number given below. For the chapters and
members in the Northeast Ohio area especially, I want
to urge you to set it up so that more than one at a
time from your chapter can go on the same day to some
of these workshops.

Strive On!
Everett
www.everettgavel.com

Cleveland Foundation Center's Calendar of Events
Upcoming Classes for November and December, 2008, and
January 2009
http://foundationcenter.org/cleveland/cl_calendar.html

All Classes are held at the Cleveland Foundation
Center, unless otherwise noted.
Not able to attend these classes in person? Check out
our free webinars.

Cleveland Foundation Center
1422 Euclid Avenue
Suite 1600
Cleveland, OH 44115-2001
(216) 861-1933

November 2008
http://foundationcenter.org/cleveland/cl_november.html

Nov. 19 - Wednesday
Before You Seek a Grant: A checklist for New Nonprofits
@ 10:00 am featuring a special presentation by Angela
Benovic of Records and Reporting, Inc.
Library Open 12:00 - 4:30 pm: Ask for a tour!

#####

December 2008
http://foundationcenter.org/cleveland/cl_december.html

Dec. 3 - Wednesday
Grantseeking Basics (with a special introduction to The
Foundation Directory Online) @ 6:00 pm
Library Open 12:00 - 8:00 pm: Ask for a tour!

Dec. 4 - Thursday
Grantseeking Basics with a special introduction to The
Foundation Directory Online @ 5:30 pm at The Urban
League of Greater Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
Library Open 9:30am - 4:30 pm: Ask for a tour!

Dec. 5 - Friday
Proposal Writing Basics @ 10:00 am at Cuyahoga County
Public Library, Independence Branch, Independence, OH
Proposal Budgeting Basics @ 11:30 am at Cuyahoga County
Public Library, Independence Branch, Independence, OH

Dec. 8 - Monday
Foundation Funding Research: Strategies for Finding and
Evaluating Prospects in Cleveland, OH @ 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Library Open 12:00 - 4:30 pm: Ask for a tour!

Dec. 9 - Tuesday
Foundation Funding Research: Strategies for Finding and
Evaluating Prospects in Cleveland, OH @ 9:00am - 4:00pm
Library Open 9:30am - 4:30 pm: Ask for a tour!

Dec. 10 - Wednesday
Proposal Writing Basics @ 6:00 pm
Library Open 12:00 - 8:00 pm: Ask for a tour!

Dec. 11 - Thursday
Grantseeking Basics with a special introduction to The
Foundation Directory Online @ 6:00 pm at Elyria Public
Library, West River Branch, Elyria, OH

Dec. 12 - Friday
Introduction to Fundraising Planning @ 1:00 pm
Your Board & Fundraising @ 2:30 pm
Library Open 12:00 - 4:30 pm: Ask for a tour!

Dec. 16 - Tuesday
Securing Corporate Partnerships in Cleveland, OH @
9:00am - 4:00pm

Dec. 17 - Wednesday
Grantseeking Basics with a special introduction to The
Foundation Directory Online @ 6:00 pm at Cleveland
Heights - University Heights Public Library, Cleveland
Heights, OH

Dec. 18 - Thursday
Finding Foundation Support for Your Education @ 1:00 pm

#####

January 2009
http://foundationcenter.org/cleveland/calendar_01.html

Jan. 6 - Tuesday
Introduction to Corporate Giving @ 1:00 pm

Jan. 7 - Wednesday
Introduction to Fundraising Planning @ 6:00 pm
Library Open 12:00 - 8:00 pm: Ask for a tour!

Jan. 8 - Thursday
Proposal Writing Basics @ 10:00 am
Proposal Budgeting Basics @ 11:30 am
Library Open 9:30am - 4:30 pm: Ask for a tour!

Jan. 14 - Wednesday
Finding Foundation Support for Your Education @ 6:00 pm
featuring a special presentation by Marvelous Baker,
scholarship officer of The Cleveland Foundation

Jan. 22 - Thursday
Introduction to Fundraising Planning @ 10:00 am
Your Board & Fundraising @ 12:00 pm

Jan. 27 - Tuesday
Grantseeking Basics with a special introduction to the
Foundation Center web site @ 10:00 am
Library Open 9:30am - 4:30 pm: Ask for a tour!

End of List