[Ohio-talk] Chapter Activities

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Wed Apr 8 18:09:23 UTC 2009

Hi All,
It will be interesting to maintain a balance between our important work and other activities.
Social activities are important but we need to maintain a balance between the things we do.
Social organizations do exist and we do not want to fall into the trap of being a social club. That is why I suggest that all of us remember that we need to maintain a good balance when we think about the things we do.
When I was a young woman our Chapter had our monthly meetings and then we had other activities during the month.
For example, we had a Summer picnic, dinners at members homes, (they were learning experiences for students) they actually got in there and learned to do things in the kitchen, Card games, and time learning from each other.
We went to gatherings at each others' homes and attended events for members such as baby showers, house warmings, Weddings, etc.
You get the idea.
We also had our regular Chapter Meetings.
We called each other regularly and supported each other in times of need.
This is what we need to do now.
We all learned to know and care about each other. This lasted through  years.
Colleen Roth