[Ohio-talk] Fw: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Tribune Article

Regina Noles ladynfb at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 18:30:47 UTC 2009

I agree Beth
Karen

________________________________
From: Beth Debus <mbdebus at yahoo.com>
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:45:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] Fw: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Tribune Article

....just catching up

I'm shocked no one had anything to say about this article. I'm glad someone in the media finally pointed out that children who are VI are being misplaced into programs that see them as "retarted", when really it could very well be lack of the proper education. In my opinion (not shared by many), if you can't read print or braille, you are illiterate. No wonder the unemployment rate among those who are blind and visually impaired has such alarming stats. Okay, I'm done with my soap box now!