[Ohio-talk] Toledo Is Back!

Dr. Smith jwsmithnfb at verizon.net
Sun Apr 19 23:23:06 UTC 2009

On a beautiful sun drenched day on April 18th 2009 the Greater Toledo chapter of the NFB of Ohio was born.

It was a wonderful meeting and special thanks should go to all who attended and put their time and energy in to it.

I want to personally thank Richard Payne for coming and for playing such a vital role throughout this entire process. What a membership Chair, we are so blessed to have him in our Affiliate!

Join me in welcoming this group to our family.

The officers are President Eric Burghardt who is a tall fellow with a graceful presence and assured manner.

Vice President Colleen Roth you guys remember her?

I want to take this opportunity to thank Colleen for all of her efforts throughout this process and I believe that it could not have been as successful as it ultimately was without her.

She will work well with Eric and he will benefit from her years of experience and total commitment to this movement.

Secretary Ann Pacelli is someone you should all meet.

It was her first meeting and she chose to get involved and she made such an impression in such a short time.

Her real job requires that she take good notes and I think she will do well in her new position.

How many times have you seen a tie vote for the position of Secretary.

That's what happened on the first ballot Saturday and it was indicative of the enthusiasm and willingness to get involved and I don't mind telling you it was refreshing and exciting to observe.

Treasurer Marilee Medle picked me up along with Colleen and she strikes me as a caring and trustworthy individual and I believe she will do quite well in her new position.

Hannah Furney was elected as the Board member and her enthusiasm was evident from the beginning of the meeting.
We had too vote on this one as well and once again it was exciting to see people who wanted to be apart of the leadership of this tgroup.

They will do well if this first meeting is any indication of the future in Toledo.

Welcom, welcome, welcome.

JW

Dr. J. Webster Smith
President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
P.O.BOX 458 Athens, Ohio, 45701-0458
Phone Number - 740-592-6326
"Changing What it Means to be Blind"